Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Driver side lower than passenger?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carcam
New to the 914 world. I'm the proud owner of a nice 914-6 with a few minor (I hope) issues. The driver side sits about 3/4 inch lower then the right side. Could it be as easy as a suspension adjustment or weak shock/spring on the left or something more serious like rust, frame sag, etc. The windows and gaps are good- nothing obvious. I can't get the ebrake light to turn off but I'll check the master cylinder for that (read that here). This car is a blast- I can't imagine keeping one up without this forum and the the wealth of information from all the experts here. The more I read here the more I learn. Thanks. (still don't know what the hell hole is and I don't want one and if I already have one I hope it's not rusty).
jdogg
Where in NC are you??? There are quite a few of us on here...
r_towle
Could be a few things.
Check the rear springs to make sure they are not broken on that side.
Check the torsionbar up front to make sure its not broken.

Both of these spring steel items do break after 37 years...
Both are not to expensive to fix.

It could also be a worn or sagging spring (37 years of one person in the car 100 percent of the time)
It could also just be out of adjustment..
the front is adjusted by an 11mm bolt on the rear of the torsion bar.
the rear could be on adjustable spring perches already...

suggest you bring it to a shop and show them...they can figure it out, its simple and it will be a good test to see if you can trust them and you can work with them long term.

Rich
orange914
unbolt the sway bar links before you do anyadjustments or replacements

hell hole is under/around the battery, where corrosion is usually worst

welcome.png

mike
carcam
Thanks guys! Sure appreciate it. I live in Greensboro- didn't think there would ever be another 914 around since I haven't see one in years.
dlee6204
There's more than you think. There's quite a few in the Winston Salem area I know about.
Richard Casto
Welcome to the forum!

And yes, there are a handful of us in the Triad/Triangle area.
carcam
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Oct 2 2008, 05:53 PM) *

Welcome to the forum!

And yes, there are a handful of us in the Triad/Triangle area.

I just sent my email to Jason via PM to get on the local 914 yahoo list. Thanks. Anyone know a real knowledgeable 914 tech in the area?
70Sixter
It is also possible the car has been corner balanced for proper weight distribution. Altho I'd think that would leave the driver side higher.
AgPete139
welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png

And these guys have a lot of experience with these things.

Good luck...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.