Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber fuel issue ... Please help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914chic
alright well here it is , on one bank the carb fills the carb with fuel the plates even after you shut it off , it doesn't do it on the other carb. Now I also noticed that under the carb that there is a leak wich is coming from what I think is the accelerator pump so I know I need to fix that but I don't see that being the cause of the unwanted fuel , any input greatly appreciated

Carlitos Way
I would say... before it goes POOF, tend to the fuel leak. Then, and only then... I would say split your lines so they both travel the same distance. Ideally, a T bar would be placed in the middle... and from that T bar an equal distance hose to each carb inlet.

That, of course, assumes you are getting enough fuel (to begin with).

C:>
Mark Henry
Your float needle and seat (some call it gross jet) is sticking.

Sounds like they need service and rebuild kit.
bdstone914
Check the float adjustment. Make sure that it is bent correctly (Look at the one without the problem) I had one doing the same thing. what was happening was the float adjustment was bent to where it was hitting the body so It wouldnt shut completely off. Gas would just keep pouring into the carb.
914chic
yeah I am t ' d in the center of the engine with equal length hoses , I'm not to familar with webers so in looking for the float arm , where exactly is it ? I thought they were internal but I could be very wrong and I also int know how to acsess the float gown and needle
Mark Henry
Google is your friend...type in weber carb rebuilding...
IronHillRestorations
Gross jets are different from regular float needle valves.

Sounds like a bad float to me.
So.Cal.914
Pull the Air Cleaner off, on top of the carb you will see two brass tall tubes that unscrew CCW. Remove them. Then you will see fasteners that hold the top plate of the carb to the body. Undo these and lift them up. You will see the float. In the middle of the float is a tab that connects to the needle that comes out of the seat. That is the 'Valve' for clarity, that shuts off the fuel when the fuel level is correct inside the carb.

Mark Henry and bdstone mentioned two things I would check first. These have been the most common prob's I have seen with mine. Have they sat for any period of time? If so I would rebuild them, and its not that big a deal to do this. Pelican probably has the rebuild kits for you and I would rebuild both sides.

Oh and there is a couple different accelerator pumps so get the kits for your type.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.