Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Air Cooled Cars; One Man's Collection:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Spoke
I went to a friends place last weekend to look for some 914 parts and took some pics of his cars. He's into Corvairs and also has several 914s.

This one is of his Corvair race car. The rear fender flares are off of one of the Chrysler K-cars. He's found that the front fenders have exactly the contour he wants not only for his Corvair but also for 914s.

The 6-cylinder Corvair engine has been ported to accept the Weber triples as well as P/C and head work. The engine is immaculate and John estimates it puts out north of 250HP.

Brakes are still Corvair standard drum brakes. Disk brakes are on the horizon for the car.
Spoke
More Corvair Race Car
Spoke
This Corvair Spyder is in great shape. It's just been painted in the last year. The engine stock 180HP turbocharged.
Spoke
This Corvair is a project waiting in the wings. The 914 spoiler may be put on this car. John likes to build cars the way he sees fit as will be seen in the following pics.
Spoke
This 914 is here for parts. No plans to build this car. The chrome bumpers seem to be in good shape.
Spoke
This one I think he said was an Avante kit car built on: you guessed it, a Corvair chassis and engine. Not sure where this project is in line.
Spoke
This 914 is destined to be a 914-aire or a Cor14.

The front and rear clips will be from a Corvair as well as the front hood.

The engine will be this one which is the stock 180HP turbocharged Corvair 6 cylinder engine. John already has the engine bar and tranny adapter for the engine.

On the rear trunk are the fender flares from a Chrysler K-car product.

Not sure what student driver would have been lucky (or unlucky?) enough to learn to drive in a 914.
Spoke
Here's 2 really nice cars in his other barn.

The Corvair is the convertible with the 180HP turbo engine.

The 914 is a real nice 73 2L FI. Front and rear swaybars and 2L Fuchs. Interior is in real good shape. Nice car all round.
Spoke
There are a couple of cars growing out back behind the garage.

This one is a 280Z. It is rotting away rather quickly. This is John's son's car but it will eventually rust away. How does the saying go: Ashes to Ashes, Rust to Rust?
Spoke
This one is a 1974 1.8L 914. It suffers from the usual rust but does a nice set of 2L fuchs onboard.
Spoke
Here's the last of John's vehicles. This is a Corvair pickup truck. Mostly stock, it still runs and rust repair is in progress as the tailgate was recently fixed.
Spoke
After I left John's place, I stopped by a body shop to talk to a guy who has a 914 for parts and a Creamsicle inside going through major rust repairs. Then another guy stopped by with an awesome Chevelle completely restored. Is sounded as nice as it looks.
Dr. Roger
There's nothing like the sound of Big Block in the morning....

piratenanner.gif
rick 918-S
I like the Vairs. I'd have another one someday.
atomix8
Very nice selection of Corvairs! There seem to be a lot of 914 people up in the Allentown area, but I had no idea you guys were growing them in the fields!
toon1
It's amazing that soooo many 914's are hidden away like these.

Sir Andy might want some of the Vin #'s for his collection.
orange914
and i was told i needed to FOCUS! biggrin.gif

mike
Root_Werks
QUOTE(orange914 @ Oct 5 2008, 10:52 AM) *

and i was told i needed to FOCUS! biggrin.gif

mike

laugh.gif I was thinking the same about myself. I don't seem so bad now.
Wannabe 914-6 owner
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 5 2008, 08:15 AM) *

I like the Vairs. I'd have another one someday.

Here's your chance and a trip to Vegas to boot biggrin.gif

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application...n_LotNumber=400
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.