Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Killer Deal!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Todd Enlund
I just got back from pulling an engine to add to the parts that I've collected for my rebuild... It was sold to me as an engine with a set of 44 IDF carbs for $400. Well, the bad news is that the carbs are 40 IDFs. The good news is that for $400 I got a complete engine with 2.0 heads, 009 dizzy, Bosch blue coil, full tins, clutch, flywheel, 40IDFs with linkage, a set of SS heat exchangers, and a muffler! Woohoo!

The engine is an unknown oddity... AW case from a 1.8 bus engine, with 2.0 914 heads. Who knows what is inside the case... My guess is that it is a 2.0 rebuild, but the original GA case was bad. It came out of what was originally a 1974 2.0.

I may be looking to trade the carbs for a pair of 44s if anyone is interested... I think that 40s are a bit on the small side for the 2258 cc engine that I am building.

I'm pretty excited about this!

I also learned that it is unbelievably easy to pull an engine from a 914.
tronporsche
"I also learned that it is unbelievably easy to pull an engine from a 914"........I dare you to tell that to a mechanic !!!!....good come up though, congrats.
sixnotfour
Nice, quite a parts list for $400
914Sixer
You did good!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.