Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pictures from Petit Lemans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
I know Zimms put some up on our (who's going to Petit ?) thread, but I figured I'd start a whole new picture thread. Please anybody else who took some shots add em.

I met up with Jake a couple of times, Rick from Orlando, Peter from CA, Bob of Papa Smurf Fame (thanks for the parts) and a few others.

T.C.

Lets start with 914 pics

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
This one's got a Jake motor

Click to view attachment

Couple of taildraggers

Brumos Edition

Click to view attachment

WTF?

Click to view attachment

carr914
I think my Son Jordan had a good time

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

carr914
RS Spyder Teams minus Helio who was in Court in Miami

Click to view attachment

Friday Practice Shots in the order I took them

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
I was having problems with my camera on Friday, so I tossed most of my shots

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

carr914
This is the team I was with, Unfortunately Geraldo crashed the car on Saturday warm-up and we were the only car not to start sad.gif

Click to view attachment

More Friday Qualifing

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Jake Raby
Great ics and what a great race!!!

It was nice to meet the teeners that were in attendance.. But overall 914 attendance was way down over past years...

And their was only a single 356 on hand... Lots of plastic Porsches though :-)

This is my only vacation of the year, and its so close to home!
carr914
Saturday Pre-Race

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
This is the Winning Car. Allan McNish crashed it on his warm-up out lap and they started 2 laps down

Click to view attachment

Mechanics running behind it to go to work to fix it

Click to view attachment
carr914
It just wouldn't be a good ALMS race without the Patron Girls biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Dario Franchetti

Click to view attachment

Gil DeFerran

Click to view attachment
carr914
Marco Andretti. Funny story, my son hates Marco (well Marco is a little duecebag). My son called me everytime the IRL raced this year, saying Marco the Prick wreaked Another car. Anyway on Friday my son & I are riding through the paddock and I point out "hey there's your buddy Marco", my son shouts out " Hey Marco, you Metro-sexual, you suck," Marco replies "Fuch-You", I thought my son was going to kick the living shit out of him smilie_pokal.gif

Click to view attachment
Jake Raby
What an effort on the part of McNish's team!! Starting two laps down with a crashed car and then winning the race!!

That Peugeot is a bad ass, very fast car.. I hate to give the French that type of compliment, but I have to admit I was worried that the Audis would not be able to hold them off... At least till that last caution :-)
carr914
Last ones.

Me, the Mazda Girls and the old Mazda LMP2

Click to view attachment

My Son, Jordan holding up 1 of my driving suits in front of my old teams transporter which happened to be in a storage area at the track

Click to view attachment

Hope you enjoyed my pics, time for some of the other guys to add some.

T.C.

hydroliftin
TC, it was great to meet you, Jake and the others. What a great track! I walked around it a couple of times that day (trying to find a shady spot). I can't believe how fast those cars are.

Jake Raby
Nice to meet you as well.. If you were looking for shade, you could have borrowed some from us :-)
rfuerst911sc
It was a great event and nice to meet up with everyone. With any luck next year I'll drive the 914/6 conversion.
Zimms
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
All done.
championgt1
Thanks for the pictures guys. For now this is a close as I get to an ALMS race. It was a bummer when they stopped coming to Portland.
SGB
Wow-eee great pics fellers. I love these action shots. Just awsome. Thanks for posting 'em. It looked like a great event, as usual.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(SGB @ Oct 5 2008, 11:29 PM) *

Wow-eee great pics fellers. I love these action shots. Just awsome. Thanks for posting 'em. It looked like a great event, as usual.

agree.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Root_Werks
Great show and tell! Thanks! Looks like some really good times. driving.gif
Slider
Not to get off of topic but what camera did you use Zimms they look great it looks like you were playing with the shutter on the night pics..

It looks like it was alot of fun..

VaccaRabite
Zimms,

what is your tecnique to get clear shots at night:
IPB Image

I don't see artifact that would give away a high ISI. Whats the secret?
Zimms
I use a Canon 20D with a few lenses. Mostly a 300mm F4 prime lens with image stabilization. The static night shots with the light streaks were done using a tripod, remote trigger, 50mm lense, 2-6 second exposure, and the aperature to match.

I used the 300mm with a 2x extender to get the night shots in motion. I was probably 2/3 from turn 8 towards the Mazda bridge. The auto focus will not focus with the 300 and the extender, so I pick a point where I want to get the shot, and focus on it. I shot hand held, and did use the image stabilization on the lens. Then I took a butt load of shots as they came at me. For every 6 shots, I typically got one. @600mm and f8, ISO bumped to 400. The depth of field is almost 0.

EXIF data attached:
Click to view attachment
Zimms
Ferrari @ the same exposure.
Click to view attachment

Exif:

Click to view attachment

I forget it I had the monopod on the camera. I usually try to use it for anything slower than 1/200 because it increases the amount of good shots I get.

I have had and used the extender since 2005. I am finally getting the hang of it since Sebring of this year.
carr914
Great shots Zimms, someday I need to get back into a real camera. My Nikkormat was stolen @ Sebring in 03, and I've been using small digitals ever since. My Nikon Coolpix takes nice pictures for something I can stick in my pocket and not give a crap about, but I long to take pics like you and your equipment.

T.C.
VaccaRabite
I was wondering if you were using a monopod or tripod. At that level of zoom, everything can cause shake.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.