Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foglamps powdercoated
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
415PB
Well I finished my fog lights and they came out great. After all this work, I have decided to go ahead and sell these and pick up some driving lights. Has anybody here converted to the Pilot driving lights and can you hook them up with the original fog light wiring? As for the fog lights I cleaned them up and made sure both worked. I then powdercoated the bezels and the housings with gloss black. Alot of work but they came out terrific. And if any of you want this done to your fog lights, let me know. I will hook you up.
415PB
All cleaned up....
415PB
and the final product....
415PB
and the backsides of the final product....
415PB
Both foglights inside were near perfect....
415PB
and the backside of inners...
Aaron Cox
i did this to mine too (cept the powder coat). Painted and they look like new!

those are awesome
914ghost
I got the Pilots, my car never had foglights (a 70'), but all the wiring and relay and everything was there, and they work GREAT!
I shall post a pic to you if you want when I get the car off the jack.
I little tricky to get them positioned exactly how you want, I made a bracket that goes sideways over to the the top bumper mounting bolt- the bolt sticks thru the weld-nut on the bumper a couple inches- I secured it to that with a nut and they sit just right about 1/3 way thru the foglight grill.
Pretty cool.
Here the link to the page that tells all the details (in case someone out there hasn't seen it):
Rennlist Pilot Article
Robert O
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(415PB @ Feb 7 2004, 02:32 PM)
Has anybody here converted to the Pilot driving lights and can you hook them up with the original fog light wiring?

Your fog lights look great. Like Robert, my car never had fog lights mounted, but I used the existing wiring and the switch is set up so I can turn them on separately without turning on my headlights. Cool for just cruising in the neighborhood.

I'm using the Pilot lights also - bought them at flaps. I got all my info off of Demick's page that documents his process. I took his bracket info and persuaded a friend to fabricate them for me. This bracket will position the lights a little better than the stock Pilot bracket. He made them way better than they need to be.

I'll post a pic of them and one that shows how you can use the original Pilot bracket in conjunction with the new bracket....makes adjusting a lot easier. Here's the bracket.
Joseph Mills
And here's the total combination.
415PB
Bob, a pic would be great. Joseph, the bracket looks great. I guess I will have to fabricate my bracket as well. Thanks for the pics. Aaron thanks, I was going to use the Wurth flat black paint, but I wanted to see how they would look powdercoated. It did turn out quite nice.
Joe Bob
Kinda wimpy..... mueba.gif

HERE's some REAL fogs.....baby Oscars with 55watt bulbs. Not gonna use 'em anyone interested?
415PB
Mike will those work alright with the stock fog light wiring and relay? and how much you getting rid of those for?

Rod
Joe Bob
$100.00....should work fine, 55watts is what your headlights are.....you should wire them seperately with an inline fuse.....The stock fog light switch should work fine, or wire it into the low beam circuit.....

BTW....wanna help part out/sawzall a rusty 70? It's sitting in the carport of my Mom's in Cathedral City....I'll buy the beer and you get first dibs on parts....

Beer, power tools and trailer parks....nothing better in life..... mueba.gif
415PB
"BTW....wanna help part out/sawzall a rusty 70? It's sitting in the carport of my Mom's in Cathedral City....I'll buy the beer and you get first dibs on parts...."

Shit yea. Just let me know when. I have Sat, Sun, and Mon. off. Better yet, if you want, I can check with my friend and see if he can tow it to the crusher. Either way, let me know.

Rod
Joe Bob
Let ya know when it happens....the kid brother got it for free and registered it (waste of money)....he had delsusions of getting it running....it's a rusty bucket, but some good parts....
415PB
Cool, I actually live in Cat City and work in Palm Desert. Let me know and you can count me in. As for the fogs, I am interested. Let me see if I can sale the ones I just finished.

Rod
Joe Bob
They won't fit in the stock location..... blink.gif

Better to keep them and mount these someplace else....like on the hood aka rally car set up or with custom mounts off of the bumper.....
aufaber
QUOTE(mikez @ Feb 7 2004, 05:23 PM)
$100.00....should work fine, 55watts is what your headlights are.....you should wire them seperately with an inline fuse.....The stock fog light switch should work fine, or wire it into the low beam circuit.....

BTW....wanna help part out/sawzall a rusty 70? It's sitting in the carport of my Mom's in Cathedral City....I'll buy the beer and you get first dibs on parts....

Beer, power tools and trailer parks....nothing better in life..... mueba.gif

If he doesn't take'm mike, I'm interested.
415PB
aufaber there yours, I need em to fit in the stock location. Thanks though Mike and the sunvisor mounts are almost complete. Check the thread.

Rod
Joe Bob
aufaber
Let me know soon....there is a 9 eleben guy sniffing around.....

I had posted them over on the PP for sale site this morning.....
415PB
I decided to keep the fogs for now after a buyer flaked on me. It's amazing the difference between those boring grills to the fogs with the grills. One bulb needs to be replaced.
415PB
and another....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.