Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: has anyone here bought this car.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
my father purchased this car from my uncle back in the early 90s. he spent quite a bit of time on it getting it going and just fixin it up. i dont have the pictures but i do have the vin. after some time the engine died and he started drivng another teener, he then sold this car it was a 1972 914. he painted it white. but anyways he sold it to my half brother, my brother ended up in jail, while he was in jail my uncle sold the car along with an extra engine and tranny. i would just like to find out where this car went to and if its in good hands now. my brother thrashed it. that car was beautiful and was solid. well heres the vin, 4722904913 and heres the lisence plate number my brother had 2SXK035. i just want to know whats going to happen to this car. thnx in advance
hmm maybe some pictures would help. just scanned a few
SirAndy
Try Google ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=4722904913&...amp;startPage=1

bye1.gif Andy
try again

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachmentand another
the rims are stock rims now and it doesnt have the front air dam

klikkid3
Best of luck trying to find the car, I would love to have my rims look like those rivieras, It looks like the center hub has been painted black, with a chrome center cap. I love the look.
SirAndy
Sold on eBay mid May 2008:

1971 Porsche 914 w/2L engine. (Used Car)

Year:1971 Price:$1,500.00 Location:
Title: 1971 Porsche 914 w/2L engine.
Mileage: 25,000 miles

Vehicle Information
VIN: 4722904913
Inspection: Order an independent inspection
Warranty: No
Vehicle title: Clear
Condition: Used
For sale by: Private seller
Features
Body type: Convertible Engine: 4 Cylinder Exterior color: White
Transmission: Manual Fuel type: Gasoline Interior color: --

Vehicle Description

This is a project car that roomate trade me for back rent that he owed....I am not a Porsche expert but will try to answer any questions to the best of my knowledge.

The car ran fine and he was driving it when he moved out and signed it over to me for the rent that he owed me. Since then the car has sat in my driveway and has not been started and that has been a little over a year now. I was considering fixing it up but like I said I have no idea about Porsches and would have to have all the work done and it would just not be feasable for me.

The car has a 2L engine that he had just put into it before signing it over to me. From what I understand from others I guess that is a very desirable type of engine. It has a manual transmission. The body is straight with no damage, however the paint is faded and there may be some minor rusting. The interior would need to be completely redone in my opinion.

I have had a couple of guys who are into these type of cars locally that have looked at it and said it would be a great project car and have suggested a price which is my beginning bid on this auction.

Also included in this deal are the original 1.8L engine that was in the car before he put the 2L in it. It was also running fine when it was removed. There is also an extra transmission which he replaced. The extra transmission (the origial one) had a problem with 1st gear if I recall what he told me correctlly.

That is about the extent of my knowledge about this car and the extra engine and tranny. If anyone has questions I will do my best to answer them or find out the answer and let you know.

This a no reserve auction and the car and extra parts will sell to the highest bidder above the opening bid of $1500.00. LOCAL PICK UP ONLY/I AM NOT ABLE TO SHIP. AND IT WILL NEED TO BE HAULED BY TRAILER OR TRUCK.

If you can pick the car up within 5 days of the close of the auction I will accept cash at the time of pickup. Otherwise I will need a $500.00 down payment made via paypal and the balance at pickup.

bye1.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.