Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New addition to the family! A 914 LE Creamsicle!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914rrr
After nearly abandoning all hope, we finally found our creamsicle! piratenanner.gif
It is a 1 family owned 914. Needs restoration, but we are going to sell our 78 911SC to pay for the restoration. This 914 is a keeper, HONEST!

I will be on the lookout for parts for our creamsicle.

driving.gif driving-girl.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

john grier
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Nice Score!!! biggrin.gif
jc914
Nice find
914werke
aktion035.gif
More Pics!
dlee6204
That's awesome. smilie_pokal.gif Good Score.
watsonrx13
Rob, that is fantastic news.... aktion035.gif What's the history of the car? VIN?

I'm going to start the restoration on the Creamsicle I got last year.... What are the plans for yours?

-- Rob
914rrr
Thanks! We will get more pics tomorrow. We had a great find in the front trunk. Not only does it have the 5th Mahle, but we also found maintenance records back to 1978. Needless to say, Rob is a very happy boy!
914rrr
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Oct 6 2008, 09:14 PM) *

Rob, that is fantastic news.... aktion035.gif What's the history of the car? VIN?

I'm going to start the restoration on the Creamsicle I got last year.... What are the plans for yours?

-- Rob

I didn't know you got a creamsicle! We are going to start our restoration pretty much right away. We plan on having it as a second driver. The vin is 4742915189. Rob will have to post the history on the car. It is pretty interesting.

Post some pics of yours. I would love to see it.

driving-girl.gif
watsonrx13
QUOTE(914rrr @ Oct 6 2008, 08:18 PM) *

-- Rob

I didn't know you got a creamsicle! We are going to start our restoration pretty much right away. We plan on having it as a second driver. The vin is 4742915189. Rob will have to post the history on the car. It is pretty interesting.

driving-girl.gif

Here's the link to my website....

You have to definately post the restoration process.... Good luck and look forward to seeing another LE back on the road...

BTW, I don't see your car listed on Jeff Bowlsby LE website. You should check it out and send him the information, he would be very excited....

Again, congratulations....

-- Rob
914rrr
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Oct 6 2008, 09:37 PM) *

QUOTE(914rrr @ Oct 6 2008, 08:18 PM) *

-- Rob

driving-girl.gif

Here's the link to my website....

You have to definately post the restoration process.... Good luck and look forward to seeing another LE back on the road...

BTW, I don't see your car listed on Jeff Bowlsby LE website. You should check it out and send him the information, he would be very excited....

Again, congratulations....

-- Rob

Jeff has been informed! We emailed him this afternoon, and will be getting all the info to him to post tomorrow.

Thanks!
driving-girl.gif
davep
Congratulations! Another member for the LE group. creamsicle914.jpg
carr914
Nel & Rob Congrats. No wonder you couldn't make it to Petit

T.C.
hot_shoe914
Congrats on the score. I sure miss my creamsicle, guess the Bee will have to do until I can get another cream.

Click to view attachment
LowGT
Whoa, how did that creamsicle get so mangled?
914rrr
What did you come in contact with to do that??? OUCH!

hot_shoe914
A female in a Camaro running late for a house closing. Less than 72 hours after I bought the car. By the way, she swore to the cops she was only doing 35mph.
914rrr
Other driver = slap.gif ar15.gif
shadygrady
I think the motor from the SC would be nice in the creamsicle. Nice score. Reckon you will have it ready to drive to Huntsville next weekend? driving.gif
914rrr
QUOTE(shadygrady @ Oct 6 2008, 11:13 PM) *

I think the motor from the SC would be nice in the creamsicle. Nice score. Reckon you will have it ready to drive to Huntsville next weekend? driving.gif

av-943.gif It would be a miracle if I was able to drive it to Huntsville. Nel would never let me put the SC motor in the creamsicle. She wants this all stock.
bcheney
Very exciting news ya'll. Can't wait to follow your progress and see more pics.
914rrr
QUOTE(bcheney @ Oct 6 2008, 11:22 PM) *

Very exciting news ya'll. Can't wait to follow your progress and see more pics.

Thanks Brian! We still want to get together when we head down your way early next year. Maybe I will have the creamsicle ready and we can drive it down.

Nel driving-girl.gif
JRust
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 6 2008, 07:48 PM) *

A female in a Camaro running late for a house closing. Less than 72 hours after I bought the car. By the way, she swore to the cops she was only doing 35mph.

I think I could fix that screwy.gif
smg914
[quote name='914rrr' date='Oct 6 2008, 03:49 PM' post='1088227']
This 914 is a keeper, HONEST!
Nel,
I'm gonna hold you and Rob to that. This is the perfect keeper for you guys unless that elusive 6 ever comes along. Very cool aktion035.gif
Steve

914rrr
[quote name='smg914' date='Oct 7 2008, 01:18 AM' post='1088415']
[quote name='914rrr' date='Oct 6 2008, 03:49 PM' post='1088227']
This 914 is a keeper, HONEST!
Nel,
I'm gonna hold you and Rob to that. This is the perfect keeper for you guys unless that elusive 6 ever comes along. Very cool aktion035.gif
Steve
[/quote]

Have you started a pool yet on how long we keep it?

Rob and I discussed it and we decided that we looked too long for a LE, and this one needs to remain with us.

driving-girl.gif
Rusty
QUOTE(914rrr @ Oct 6 2008, 09:19 PM) *

QUOTE(shadygrady @ Oct 6 2008, 11:13 PM) *

av-943.gif It would be a miracle if I was able to drive it to Huntsville. Nel would never let me put the SC motor in the creamsicle. She wants this all stock.

Congrats on the car... if you haven't registered... that's going to close in a day or so! Don't miss out! headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.