Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tire help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dw914er
What are the possible tire combos I can run on the Mahle 4 bolts. I'm looking to get some new tires soon, and I couldn't find the sizes from a search.

Thanks.

BTW, im looking at more of a lower profile tire.
Dave_Darling
205s will fit on most cars. 215s almost always require some "persuasion" of the rear fender, usually more than just smashing the fender lip flat.

Go with any aspect ratio that floats your boat. 205/50-15 is popular...

--DD
dw914er
thanks dave. I dont want to roll my lip though, but we shall see.

also, does anyone have any suggestions, ie, any tires that they like? I've been looking at some dunlop direzzas (buddy has em on his 325i, and likes them) or the faulkin Azenis. Basically, good performance tires that offer alot of grip is what im looking for. I have some cheap tires right now, and in 3 years, 20k ive worn them bald.
number6
QUOTE(dw914er @ Oct 7 2008, 12:47 AM) *

thanks dave. I dont want to roll my lip though, but we shall see.

also, does anyone have any suggestions, ie, any tires that they like? I've been looking at some dunlop direzzas (buddy has em on his 325i, and likes them) or the faulkin Azenis. Basically, good performance tires that offer alot of grip is what im looking for. I have some cheap tires right now, and in 3 years, 20k ive worn them bald.

I LOVE my Toyo Proxes 4 all-season tires. Not only do they perform awesome dry or wet, but they wear really well. 18,000 miles on mine, and they still look like they have quite a ways to go. I paid extra for the siping, which I don't regret at all. And I think they look great in low profile (I like the lip on my 205/50R16s more than other brands I've used).

Ran Nittos (I forget the model) before, same 205/50R16s. Dry traction was not as good. Wet traction was so-so - definitely not confidence-inspiring.

Before that, I had Dunlops (again, I forget the model), same size as above. They were decent when dry. Not nearly as good as the Toyos in the wet. Wore really quick compared to the Toyos (had to replace them after 20,000 miles).

Size-wise, when I had my 4-lug Fuch 15-inchers, I never went bigger than 195 because any larger and the tires tend to bulge, which I didn't like from an aesthetic standpoint. Not sure if that impacts performance or safety.

My 2 cents smile.gif
dw914er
so, I found some Faulkin Azenis, some Dunlop Direzza's, the Toyo Proxes 4, and Nitto Neo Gen's that fit the 205 50-15s. Any other experience, or testimonies to tires that fit these sizes. I need to know how much to save lol
blitZ
I have some 205/55-15, which I like. It's an oddball size, but it's a bit closer to the original diameter, so you don't lose as much speed per rpm.

Fuzion makes a few tires in this size. I have the ZR1, great tire for the money.

Tire Rack
Dave_Darling
Azenis: Great dry grip. Absolutely stellar, in fact. Hard to find better in a non-R-compound tire. Wet grip is so-so, don't even think about putting them on snow. They're on the heavy side, and they don't last. But boy do they grip!

They're also relatively cheap.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.