Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DFW Swap Meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
This Saturday at 8 am, Maverick Region PCA is holding a swap meet at Zims Autotechnic.

1804 Reliance Parkway.
Bedford, TX. 76021

No fees for spaces.. show up and sell some junk you don't need, and buy some valuable jewels you do!!

ClayPerrine
icon_bump.gif
Cap'n Krusty
As much as I like swap meets, this one may be borderline "geographically undesirable' for me. Note that I once flew to Denver for one, and more recently drove to Portland and Mc Minville for two in one weekend. I do, however, encourage all of you within 5-6 hours of the site to participate! Always good to support the sponsoring organizations, and most shoppers find something they can use.

The Cap'n
LowGT
Damnit! I have to go to Houston this weekend. headbang.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(LowGT @ Oct 7 2008, 04:37 PM) *

Damnit! I have to go to Houston this weekend. headbang.gif

Oh? You musta been REALLY bad ........................

The Cap'n
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 7 2008, 03:47 PM) *

As much as I like swap meets, this one may be borderline "geographically undesirable' for me. Note that I once flew to Denver for one, and more recently drove to Portland and Mc Minville for two in one weekend. I do, however, encourage all of you within 5-6 hours of the site to participate! Always good to support the sponsoring organizations, and most shoppers find something they can use.

The Cap'n

Cap'n...

If you want to fly out here, I have a spare bedroom you can use.

spare time toys
You think they will have a deck lid with a big wing on it????
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Oct 8 2008, 02:11 PM) *

If they did, what would you put it on?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 8 2008, 12:23 PM) *

I thought he was gonna use that flatbed for a wing ................................

The Cap'n
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 8 2008, 12:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 7 2008, 03:47 PM) *

The Cap'n

Cap'n...

If you want to fly out here, I have a spare bedroom you can use.

Hey, thanks, Clay! I just checked with the airlines, and they won't let me declare my Vanagon fulla parts as "carry on luggage". Kinda kills the trip for me ...........

The Cap'n
spare time toys
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 8 2008, 02:23 PM) *

Heck i dont know but if its a good buy slap.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Oct 8 2008, 04:09 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 8 2008, 02:23 PM) *

Heck i dont know but if its a good buy slap.gif

That just means that you have to come take a look for yourself!
914Sixer
I am going to try and make it. I will be at Lake Worth this weekend.
ClayPerrine
icon_bump.gif

:haulingJunk:
charliew
Well I have convinced my son to come with me. I think I will bring my 18x8 and 18x11 chrome turbo 996 wheels and see if maybe I can find some maybe not quite so wide before I do the aa flares. I'm afraid the extra width will scare most people including cops. I also bought a 5 spd "901" off of ebay before I was very educated on 901's, It's a very early 5spd that must have been in the early 356's. It's supposed to be in very good condition and the outside looks it. It is smaller overall than the 914/901. I have since then got a couple of the newer 901's and was going to use the little one in a dune buggy or a speedster kit I have but if I can get what I paid for it plus freight I will let it go. I'm a little worried about replacement parts being reasonable for it.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(charliew @ Oct 10 2008, 01:47 PM) *

Well I have convinced my son to come with me. I think I will bring my 18x8 and 18x11 chrome turbo 996 wheels and see if maybe I can find some maybe not quite so wide before I do the aa flares. I'm afraid the extra width will scare most people including cops. I also bought a 5 spd "901" off of ebay before I was very educated on 901's, It's a very early 5spd that must have been in the early 356's. It's supposed to be in very good condition and the outside looks it. It is smaller overall than the 914/901. I have since then got a couple of the newer 901's and was going to use the little one in a dune buggy or a speedster kit I have but if I can get what I paid for it plus freight I will let it go. I'm a little worried about replacement parts being reasonable for it.

Find me when you get there. I want to talk to you about the 901 5 speed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.