Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1970 914-6 Conversion for sale $5,500
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
keske968
CAR IS SOLD!!!!!

1970 914
1965 2.0l 911 6 with weber carbs (engine number 902862)
MSD Ignition system
911 headers (no heat exchangers)
Dual exhaust
1974 901 Side shift transmission (sometimes crunches a little bit when going into first)
New 100lb rear springs
Firecharger fire supression system
Koneig racing seats
Schroth 4pt harnesses (3") with shoulder pads
99% rust free
Hell hole is good
One or two small bubbles in the paint
Rear trunk has some rust where the taillights meet the floor of the trunk
Fiberglass front and rear hoods
Fiberglass front and rear bumpers
Fuse box updated to blade fuses
Two tops (one stock and one with a pop up sunroof added in)
Two speedometers (one in MPH one in KPH for the european look)
Needs weatherstripping
Needs new speedometer cable
Center council
Carbon fiber look dash covering
Extra voltage regulator
Battery relocated to rear trunk

All in all a great car and I have had a lot of fun with it. I would be happy to answer any questions one may have.
jimkelly
i think that sunroof is freaking people out - and those rockers are for a flaired car. other than that - seems like a good deal. got any video of the engine running? sure it is four lug - but that is easily rectified : ) good luck.
sixnotfour
and those rockers are for a flaired car.

914 accessory item , ABS plastic ,they were around a lot , back in the day , for all 914's
Gint
Curious...

Does that car have a vent of some sort on the right rear quarter just in front of the wheel opening? Presumably for engine air or some such purpose.

And is the oil tank stock or a repro?
davep
QUOTE(keske968 @ Oct 7 2008, 09:49 AM) *

All reasonable offers will be considered but learning of the rarity of the engine I would like to see around the $8,000 range.
1965 2.0l 911 6 with weber carbs (engine number 902862)

Hate to burst your bubble there, but 902862 is not a particularly rare engine, and certainly not one of 235. This engine series began at 900101, so the built # next to the type # should be 2762 (hence the 2762nd production engine built). In fact the engine is out of a 1966 model (approximately 2000 were built in the 1965 model year, so 2762 puts it well into the 1966 model year). Further, that engine would have Solex carbs originally. It does have an aluminum case that is desirable though. The 235 refers to the 233 1965 models built in calendar year 1964 ending at VIN 235 (they did not built the cars exactly in VIN sequence in those years).

For built # see:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=100507
and for the 65 to 66 transition (which Porsche deliberately blurred) see:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=232187
and
http://www.early911sregistry.org/forum/sho...ead.php?t=12939
keske968
I know that the engine would origonally have the solex carbs. I recieved the numbers out of "The Origonal 911" by Peter Morgan and George at Autoatlanta has verified this engine number as having some out of a 65. According to Original Porsche 911in 1965 the engine numbers were 900001-903550. Also according to his book there were only 235 1965 911 built. I am guessing that the numbers Porsche used were not necessarily sequential. I bought the car with the webers already on it. I do not have the book in front of me right now or I would list the series numbers that Mr. Morgan has down and the number built. I will post thoes number later today along with the copyright info on the book.

The previous owner did put a vent into the passenger side rear quarter panel. It does provide some venalation but it seems maily to be aimed at the transmission.

The oil tank is one of the 12 quart oil tanks. I do not believe it is origional.
carr914
If you find a buyer and he wants to put a great set of Solexs on it, I have a set that I would trade.

T.C.
keske968
Bump. Price Reduced. Need to sell fast.
nomore9one4
Is this car still for sale? Please send me more photos! biggrin.gif livletliv@live.com
keske968
It is still for sale. Pics have been sent.
keske968
Bump... Price reduced...
keske968
Bump
keske968
Price reduced.... $5500 OBO. Need to sell.
keske968
Sale Pending
carr914
Good for you Adam, let me know if need the carbs

T.C.
Radleys
Do you have any other photographs of the vehicle showing back and front as well as engine bay and underneath?

Cheers

keske968
Well the sale I had going fell through. Guy had me going for about three weeks (note NOT A FORUM MEMBER!!!). So anyway the car is back up for sale. As requested here are some pics of the underside and the back.

Please note that the wetness on the ground is not from anything leaking but was some moisture that had gotten into the rear underhanging bit of the car cover overnight and when the cover came off the moisture ended up under the car.
type47
what about the oil tank? is it a "factory" 914-6 tank or similar (which to me is perfectly OK) like aftermarket conversion oil tank or is it an oil tank in the front trunk? (also OK to me)
Moparboy72
More photos to my email please. PM Sent.
keske968

QUOTE(type47 @ Feb 3 2009, 01:31 PM) *

what about the oil tank? is it a "factory" 914-6 tank or similar (which to me is perfectly OK) like aftermarket conversion oil tank or is it an oil tank in the front trunk? (also OK to me)

The Oil tank is a 12 quart tank mounted in the rear drivers side fender. The fill for it is located above the relay board.
RUNNINGWOLF
Hello, where is the car located? Are heater parts there, except for exchangers? I'm interested in this car. Please email with contact number, runningwolfokla@yahoo.Com , lookin forward to hearing from you.
porsche914subie
Consider the car sold, please call me or email me to arrange payment and pickup. thank you. Call me at 503-623-2558 or email me at brownietoday@yahoo.com. Ask for Tom or Roy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.