Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Im thinking this could be better than a trailer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
Im tempted to go snag this up.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/870102603.html

Has anyone else ever thought of getting one of these used roll backs? Its cheaper than a trailer confused24.gif
So.Cal.914
They probably have at 500,000 miles on them. So I would calculate an engine and trans into your numbers. sad.gif
PeeGreen 914
Notice it is not for the truck... only the flatbed.
Cap'n Krusty
Hope the w/s and roll bar on your teener are really strong, that's one heavy roof load to get home ................... The Cap'n
r_towle
Couple of things.

DOT regulations have made it damn hard to get the correct license to operate that truck.
You get the pleasure of stopping at a weigh station (not with a trailer)
The steel bed makes it overweight with no load (by todays rules)

And, its just for the flatbed, not the truck.

Rich
Dr Evil
Other than what Rich said, ya, I have wanted one smile.gif It would help me mainline cars into my future back yard.
spare time toys
I already have CDL. If you go not for hire it changes some of the rules. I know this is just for the bed in the listing Im just looking at this size. If I got one I could get rid of my pickup and would not need a trailer to haul plywood and long 2X4s and 2X6s for projects. There are times when it would be nice to have a nice size flatbed and if it was also a carhauler well... beerchug.gif
carr914
Buy and put it on the back of one of these, then you would Rule!

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.