Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: BMW Bling (blasphemy)...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Mmmmmm Beemer Bling just got it back from Troy the "Squirter" wub.gif

Group shot:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Kept my old sticker because they don't make them anymore:
Click to view attachment

Hand pinstriped as per the fac-tory:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Only aftermarket (reversable) add-on... R90S fairing:
Click to view attachment

Can't wait to bolt her all back together... biggrin.gif
dw914er
nice color
Eric_Shea
Danke!

Glasurit #29 - Metallic Gold/Curry
championgt1
Nice color. My buddy has a BMW toaster that same color. Digging the R90S fairing.
sww914
Very nice!
BMW motorcycles, cool.
BMW cars, inferior.
pete-stevers
not bad.....but how many projects do you have???
(a little voice inside my head told me to say that)
Eric_Shea
how many projects do you have???

Shut Up! mad.gif

biggrin.gif
effutuo101
Very nice. How about a picture once complete? Love the R90S faring. It is a good look.
My next project is going to be an older BMW boxer. Maybe for the wife.
scotty b
Awesome Eric beerchug.gif Was your splash gaurd painted originaly ? Mine is just black confused24.gif different sticker too, but then again it is a different model
Dr Evil
Someone put a sticker on your fender poke.gif
Pat Garvey

Very nice! But could someone please do me a favor & explain the diff between a "beemer" and a "bimmer".
I know the diff, but am so tired of hearing bozos.

I have a good guy next door who just upgraded from an Acura to a BMW, which he describes as as a "Beeemer". I tried to explain that there is a difference between a "bimmer" and a "beemer". Nice guy, but he just didn't get it. "Aren't they all the same?" Nope, I said - a "bimmer" is a a car & a "beemer" is a bike.

"Whatever" was his comment, as he loaded his 5 kids.

Jesus, someone spare me!
Dr Evil
Pat, go into your tool box, get a set of needle nosed pliers, and pull your panties out of your ass rolleyes.gif poke.gif

Does it really matter? I call both BEEMER, but I guess that just attests to my poor breading tongue.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 8 2008, 09:31 AM) *

how many projects do you have???

Shut Up! mad.gif

biggrin.gif

I was just in his garage & saw said BMW apart. That will be one sweet ride Eric biggrin.gif
I think you could use another project though poke.gif
Eric_Shea
What's a splashguard?

What you see there is the way it came from across the pond. This is a 72 that had never been touched. It had every single fill-up noted, mileage, oil etc. Cool find.

I'm going to clean up the frame and drive it next year... then I'll do the full resto. Fenders, tank, headlight, speedo, etc. all new. That should hold me for a while.
scotty b
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 8 2008, 09:53 PM) *

What's a splashguard?

The piece with the sticker on it. I forgot yours actually finctions as the rear fender. On my bike it is ( was ) more of a splash guard, as mine had the rear fairing on top. Hard to see here but it is the piece the lights all mount to.
ConeDodger
Very cool... I take it you didn't buy the black one I went and rode/saw for you? I doubt you would have changed colors. Now I want one to go along with the new one I commute on. 45mpg and quicker for my 20 mile each way commute than a car would be... biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
The piece with the sticker on it. I forgot yours actually finctions as the rear fender. On my bike it is ( was ) more of a splash guard, as mine had the rear fairing on top. Hard to see here but it is the piece the lights all mount to.

Ohhh... that's a "new" bike biggrin.gif

I take it you didn't buy the black one I went and rode/saw for you?

Ahhh no. He boinked me. I told him to let me know what he needed to have. He said he'd call back. I called a week later and he sold it without calling me. mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.