Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pics from the Seattle get together
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
What gives the guy (Roger) chooses the place brags about the women of taste and doesn't show. Car must have let him down. Morphenspectra makes it from Oregon, 3 other guys from 30 miles away and only 3 Seattle guys can make it.

We don't want to hear anymore complaints about Tacoma being too far. It looks like Seattles too far. Oh well it was you guy's loss

Enough rant we had a good time among the women of taste in Fremont. By the way Kori Jo is a sweetheart.

Here's the gang. Look who's doin the talkin (Geoff and Kevin)

Dave
DNHunt
Still talkin
DNHunt
Kori Jo, Dave and the kids. The kids love riding on Dave's rig.
DNHunt
The cars
DNHunt
Again
914ghost
NEXT MONTH!
I'll make it.
I did pull my shifter rods out today(for new bushers), and replaced exhaust gaskets, AND installed fuel pump/ heater fan relay.
Is there gonna be one every month now?
C'mon the 356 Club does it...the 911 group does it.. .
If I say I can drive 140 miles to eat friggen' breakfast with you greaseballs we better plan something.
I haven't even met you guys and I'm already talkin' smack. hmm. .
Bob O
Wenatchee
Bleyseng
We're talking about having one at Emerald Downs so after breakfast we can make it to "Post time" and blow all our money on the horses. As if the cars aren't expensive enough...

Got to me two news guys, Larry with a V8 car in pieces and Jim Wachs who has a black 76 car.

And of course.... NO ROGER! confused24.gif

Food was good and the place was comfortable. Good to see Dave, Kori and the kids.
Geoff
Bleyseng
The location
Bleyseng
The cars
Bleyseng
Where is Roger?
reverie
I guess I'll take one on the chin this time.

5:00 and just got back from the hospital. It's been a rough.. how many hours is it since 8:00 last night? My fiancee and future mother-in-law.. fiancee is home resting in bed now, mother-in-law is still in the hospital, will be released in 3-4 days to an ortho-rehab facility. I am very tired right now, gonna try to rest for a bit and then help my fiancee, and then go back to the hospital this evening. I am tired, and I am sorry if I let you guys down. I feel really bad, and I won't try to arrange anything again. Geoff is the best at that anyway.

If you have any questions, send me a PM and I'll reply when I can. Bless you one and all, and good health to you. I'll see you later. - Roger
Bleyseng
Hey Roger, you just missed out on some good food (only a fool would order the effin pancakes) and great conversation. Kevin talking about how much nicer Tacoma is, DaveHunt talking about Megasquirt, Rich telling us about the white car, Jim telling us about horse racing, DaveC and family just eating, Morphenspecter tellin us about his parts and accessories.

Geoff laugh.gif
DNHunt
Roger

Sounds like you had a hard time. I hope everybody will be OK. Sorry you missed the fun. there'll be other good times with us crazy teeners

Dave
JimW
Thanks to all for a great breakfast. It was well worth getting up early on a Saturday and driving the 60 miles.

Jim
Andyrew
Wow, you dont see that very often, early registery, and your just posting now????

Welcome Jim!
Bleyseng
(Done with a Tom Lycis voice)

Longtime lurker, first time poster!
morph
made it home guys
had a great drive. when i got home took my weber apart had junk in it.
Bleyseng
It was great meeting you and seeing all your stuff!

smilie_pokal.gif
Geoff
reverie
I'm glad you guys had a good time. Thanks, Korijo. smile.gif

And thanks for the pics! I hope the Fremont scenery was okay.
Sorry about the pancakes. I was gonna order those myself.

10:30.. early bedtime tonight. See you guys.. cool.gif
DNHunt
We managed to hook up 4 cars for part of the ride south after the breakfast. Great fun trying to stay together in the traffic but we had one section were we could stretch em out all together. I saw 92 on my speedo. You can discount that a significant but unknown amount (damn speedometers). Still I was last in line so I got to see the faces of the people we passsed. Looks of pure wonder (well a couple looked kinda mad).

I followed morphenspectre, James for about 25 miles clear to Fife before slow traffic got me. Hope this is a preview of the caravan to the West Coast Classic.

Dave
rhodyguy
roger, all in jest. i will have a good thought for the future mother inlaw. for those else where, freemont residents consider themselves to be living in the center of the universe (seattle joke). the last of the hippie enclaves.

kevin
Bleyseng
I think Korijo lives there cuz he likes the summer street fair where all the naked earthmother chicks ride bikes. ohmy.gif
rhodyguy
the pretty glass beads in their arm pit hair braids are beautiful.

kevin
DNHunt
I'm gettin a real ugly picture here. Doesn't jive with my vision of women of taste.

Dave
LS6/914
Hey all. I had a great time meeting & placing faces to names. Iam not sure what the mystery meat was in with the biscuts?? Dave Hunt I have spare coil packs from various GMs if you would like to test their driver circuits. need a little smiley with a test light and a Fluke meter.
914werke
Glass bead & arm pit hair? laugh.gif Personal experiance Kev?
Rog, Dont worry too much about it , just take care of the Fam. We'll hook up some time for the coffee and wheel swap.
Well aside from my teener letting me down that morning it was good to hook up with the crew.
It turned out to be more thatn the solinoid. The starter WAS F'ed. Drawing more than 100AMPS! when tested.
Its corrected now. wacko.gif
James good meeting you, Let me know when/about the black carpet set.
Jim, Larry Great to meet you both welcome
rhodyguy
rich, can you throw, say 5, of those little clips for the fog grills in an envelope and send them to me?

kevin
reverie
LOL!.. you guys rock. cool.gif

My guess is about 80'ish mph, Dave.. perfect.

Looking forward to next time, JP's, and the Classic.

Have a nice day everyone.. and thank you. smile.gif

p.s: I wonder why the posts are one hour off.
rhodyguy
roger, the clocks will be correct come daylight savings time. i'm fence sitting for jp's or bremerton on the 21st. are there any plans for a group drive down? all will be welcome to stop by my place for a coffee or bathroom break, it's about 2mi south of hwy 512, or you can troll the rest stops like geoff does.

kevin
reverie
A group drive to JP's is an excellent idea.

JP's event is the 21st.. a Sunday. I can drive down on either Saturday or Sunday, and I plan to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in N. Vancouver (Salmon Creek Blvd).. about 10 miles north of downtown Portland.. it's about $70/night for a nice room, and a big continental breakfast in the morning.

JP's couch may be a bit crowded.. wacko.gif

See you later, gotta go.
ChrisReale
QUOTE(reverie @ Feb 8 2004, 02:40 PM)
JP's couch may be a bit crowded.. wacko.gif

He's got a nice warm stove in the garage...You and ULF could knock a few back late nite huh.gif
Bleyseng
I will go for the group drive as long as Kevin isn't leader. He drives like a old grandma at 55 mph in the left lane. I can't follow him that slowly with all the other drivers flashing their lights and beeping their horns. Kevin thinks they are saying hello!

laugh.gif

Geoff
rhodyguy
it's a day trip for me. down, visit, back home. ask dave hunt and the guys that drove down 509 how slow i drive. all are welcome to stop by except geoff wink.gif

kevin
mseiferth
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 8 2004, 12:17 PM)
i'm fence sitting for jp's or bremerton on the 21st.

Kevin, what's happening at Bremerton on the 21st??
Bleyseng
a practice autox by PCA
red914
well, it looks like i joined a day too late. i was in seattle yesterday helping my sister move. i am a new member as well as a new 914 owner (as of october). i will be watching for local stuff, and will try to make it to an event or two.
Bleyseng
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

show us your car!!!

Geoff
reverie
Poulsbo.. wow, all these guys on the peninsula!

I know JP's get-together last year was a really good time, with people coming in from all over the place.. good people, good food and beer, good armchair racing.. but I don't much care for Fat Tire Ale (too much rubber), so I'll bring Bass Ale or something. smile.gif
rhodyguy
mark, the ax is at the old bremerton drag strip. no points for this one. no fee either.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.