Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need advice Rust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jc914
I have had my car for eight years and i would drive it like twice a month. This month i needed to bleed the brakes so i decided to take out the rocker panel and look what i found. ( currently i have the car in my condo parking garage on the six floor with no breaks and the condo assoc had a shit fit when i tried to work on the car, they want to fine me money) they can KMA.gif In all i have no option but to save money and find a shop here in Miami, Fl ( anyone knows of a good shop in Miami) . My friend fixes and restores old American cars i guess I call him for help and pricing.
And yes My hell hole is a big Hole devil.gif (but battery tray is still holding) I am going to order Engman 914 Hell Hole Kit.

HOW BAD IS THIS. I want to start buying the parts I need. Do you guys think i need to buy the clamshells or just do patch work on the longs.. ( note when going to restore i want a full restoration)

Thanks

Drive side long.
IPB Image

Drive side Jack Post
IPB Image

Right rear long and you see no doughnut i guess the PO did some restore
IPB Image

Passenger Long
IPB Image

Passenger Jack post (note the rust goes through the rocker)
IPB Image

Passenger front long
IPB Image
r_towle
Honestly, its not that bad from the pics you show.
Once you remove the motor and battery tray you will see more rust for sure.

Get the brakes fixed and drive it. It wont break yet.

Shop around for a shop that knows how to do 914's
you can try asking Gary Kempton...be seated when you call, he does award winning restorations.
I would call him and ask, he will know all the shops near you and he is really cool.
http://www.gkrestorations.com

Rich
dr914@autoatlanta.com
wow that car is almost rust free! You are lucky
jc914
Thanks for looking biggrin.gif . I feel better now. I am going to place a nice order in a week or two at A/A to start buying parts for my restore. aktion035.gif
RJMII
It's been a week or two, which parts did you order?
jc914
I have ordered Engmans stiffening kit and the hell whole kit, GT stiffening kit, all the parts I need for a full Tune up on the engine, rear spoiler and some cheap cosmetic stuff like lens,antenna..... I still need the jack pos'st, right rear triangle doughnut, battery tray,. these parts i know i need. But like all restoration projects I might need the rear half floor, and the fire walls but i will not know until i get to that point. Right know i really cannot buy anything else i am semmi unemployed right know..
BUT i have had two good interview this week biggrin.gif

I am selling on Ebay part of my RC BUGGY collection i got two vintage buggies in mint condition never seen dirt and a massing 1/5 scale baja buggy that as never been runed. I am trying to sell them to get money for the Porsche here is the link for all to see

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=280277297192
look at my other items.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.