Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 club versus 356 weenies.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Geez, just got de listed from the tight ass club.....

Someone posted...hey, is anyone out there? Some tight ass responded, along the lines of this is a serious list, let's keep the frivility and stupid comments to a minimum......

So of course I HAD to respond....."Look's like someone is off their meds tonight".....BAM, instant de-list..... geez, couldn';t even ask if a blow job was outta the question or anything else..... :finger2:
URY914
What is a average age of a 356 owner? 70-80? There is not much humor with that crowd.
415PB
I think that's what makes this site so good. You can pretty much say what you want and everyone is really laid back. To hell with em fighting19.gif
Bleyseng
seriously, let's keep the frivility to a minimum...... lol2.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 7 2004, 08:34 PM)
seriously, let's keep the frivility to a minimum...... lol2.gif

you're pushing your luck.
my finger is hovering over the "delete" button.
one more comment like that and you're history ...

laugh.gif
redshift
HAH! laugh.gif

They are profiling over there, it's how you look, dood.

M
campbellcj
Jeez, what a bunch of olpharts! cool_shades.gif

I can relate though. My father in law is original owner of a 64 356C factory-delivered car. I think he has basically forgotten he owns it. Almost 74 yrs old and the guy has like 11 cars; mostly junk with a few decent ones mixed in. The 356 only sees the light of day a few times a year. One of these days I need to rescue it...sweet little car...all original including engine and interior, except 1 repaint and some chrome work...
biosurfer1
not only is it a "sweet little car", but a one owner, all original 356 would pull in some serious cash. i really like the looks of the 356's(not necessarily their owners) and its a shame if that one only gets driven a few times a year.
rick 918-S
GIVE US THE LINK! happy11.gif
914ghost
Hey Bitches!
My first Porsche was a 1960 356 Coupe...I got it out of a barn from an old lady who didn't even have power in her house. She was a mountain goat.
View here please:
checkity check it
I was 22, the next yougest member was like.. . . mmm.. 53..or something. No! Eric whats-his-head who owned SIMPLE shoes was there too.
He made a cal-look Kubelwagen!
I restored the car from the ground up!!
I even REPLACED all the bondo with N.O.S. bondo from Schucks.
What was my point.. ...?
Oh...yeah, they're kinda old, BUT at the North Meets South I followed an 82 Y/o guy in a 64'coupe as he passed people in the dirt on the RIGHT side of the lane at 106PH...through red lights and all.
Absolutely Serious. He was F*cked up insane@!
Straght MAD YO!! Tweety Bird on the back of his car.
Point again.. .? Oh they're old AND rich...and have you seen any of their daughters lately ? ??? smlove2.gif
A few of them can hold their own and they been around a while.
Imagine what the 'kids' will say about US when the 914 is 40+ years old and they're driving "vintage" 80's and 90's 911's !! beerchug.gif
Bob O
fiid
QUOTE(914ghost @ Feb 7 2004, 09:58 PM)

Imagine what the 'kids' will say about US when the 914 is 40+ years old and they're driving "vintage" 80's and 90's 911's !! beerchug.gif
Bob O

Same as they say now ....

"uh - this autocross course must have been designed for 914s.... I wish theyd put some straights in it".
biosurfer1
hehe...lol, sweet reply fiid
Elliot_Cannon
Having my hot dog at Dunkels last week sitting next to a 356 guy. I knew he was a 356 guy because of his 356 hat, vest, T shirt and watch. I was in my resplendant 914 T shirt. He says to me rather sarcastically. " Oh, you must be a 914 owner". To which I answered " yes and wait, you must be a 356 owner. As a matter of fact, I'll bet you own more than one of the little slow movers. laugh.gif ". So I say, " what year do you have?" He wouldn't answer, so I told him ALL about my 914 and man I got a shop list as long as your arm. His eyes were just glazing over when I got up and left. I've also gotten attitude from older 928 guys. C'mon boys lighten up. They must know deep inside that the 914 pound for pound will outperform Whatever they be driving. Hell I'll be 58 in May this year just about into oldfartdom myself. I hope I'm still driving my 914 on my 80th birthday. At least that's the plan.
Cheers, beerchug.gif Elliot
Joe Bob
I think they are still pissed off about the bunny ears.....
rick 918-S
Geritol Cookies, That's the ticket! Has anyone else noticed how un-serious the 914 crowd is vs other groups of car owners?

Must be the performance edge the middle motor gives us... smilie_pokal.gif Almost make me feel sorry for the old pharts...almost laugh.gif
914ghost
Oh yeah, that was my real point, Just cuz' they're old doesn't mean they have to act like it.
And many of them don't...e.g. The 82 Year old guy running red lights at 100 mph...
Most of the guys I knew were pretty cool, though into watching the race more than being in it.
I got a tongue-lashing (the BAD kind) from an old man for PASSING during the parade laps at the vintage races at Seattle Int Raceway a few years back. WTF!? I was just supposed to PUT along!?
I can't afford track time so when its free you BET I'm gonna use it.
The ones that weren't cool were basically full of themself. AND the worst ones I met have the BEST reputations...I won't name names.
Bob O
rick 918-S
I had a 1957 sunroof. Felt like a VW. I tried to make friends with a couple of 356 Old Pharts here. They were nice until they got what they needed then they were too good for me. I dumped that heap to a German Business man in AZ. He paid big money for the car and shipped it back to Germany for restoration. Never had the desire again. The oldpharts cured me.

POST THE LINK! happy11.gif
GWN7
Post the link....

We can all join and ask questions like....

"I'm thinking of buying a 356 and I just want to know if you have to get pink bunny ears when you buy one or will the plain white ones do?"

laugh.gif
fiid
Let's all join up and have a serious conversation about various hybrid conversions for our 356s. And how we are all going to retrofit our 356s with the upgraded beetle parts. LOL.

(I actually think 356s look pretty cool, but I have to say in "Porsche Unleashed" they really don't handle very well ... )
Air_Cooled_Nut
The first Porsche I wanted to buy was a 356 convertible. Was about $30K for what I was looking for. Drop-dead beautiful cars (what's that movie with Micheal Keaton & the red 'vert he has?).

And the 930 5-speed is my dream car. But a Carrera 4S would definitely give me wood.

What did I end up buying? A '75 1.8L 914 for $1800 (I paid too much) and NEVER regretted the decision clap56.gif That's why I now have another. Just would like to put a 6-banger and all the necessary suspension bits in it one day when I have the $$$.

The 914 is the more affordable, get-your-feet-wet Porsche! The fact that it only holds two people is a BIG plus in my book. I was at the Portland International(?) Auto Show today and actually got to sit in a Boxster...my stock 914 felt more comfy and I swear had much more cargo space!
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(URY914 @ Feb 7 2004, 07:39 PM)
What is a average age of a 356 owner? 70-80?

and don't forget, that's with Mikey and me pulling it down ...

so i gotta ask y'all - do -i- act like a 356 owner here ? does Mikey ?

i don't believe it has anything to do with the age.
i don't believe it has anything to do with the car.
i think it has everything to do with the kind of person that was originally attracted to the car, a long time ago, and has not taken favorably to the changes in the world these past 40-50 years.

i'd love to have my '53 running for the 50th Parade in 2005, just down the road in Hershey, PA. i don't think it will happen, in no small part due to the money i spend on the 911 and the time i spend with you guys ...
Joe Bob
http://www.356registry.org/356Talk/join_or_leave.html

Here's the link....join up and say hi!!!

They really like questions on cup holders, which tires to buy, VW/Type IV conversions, why are four cam motors so expensive and the number one question....TEST....is this thing working????

Give em hell guys..... mueba.gif
rhodyguy
BOY!!! they have a fine set of rules. is Barney the moderator? i would sign up and ask if 4 lug fuch would fit on a 356, because the stock wheels are too thin but i can't be bothered with deleting upwards of 70 emails a day. the threads that pop up from pelican that are 6-12 months old are enough as it is.

kevin
Chris H.
I think we have found the exact opposite of the 914club board.

-no pictures/attachments?
-2 posts per day limit?
-no OT?
-"strip all unessential verbiage"? I'm screwed! Oops sorry that was unessential.
ArtechnikA
i guess i just don't understand the issue.

if you don't like their rules, don't join.
i know there are people who have come here, didn't like the atmosphere, and don't show up much (if at all) any more. what's our attitude to those people? "We don't need them." EXACTLY.

if you want to start a "914Club-like" 356 board, GO FOR IT!
Joe Bob
Ah Rich, don't get the panties all bunched up....we're (or I is) just having fun at the expense of a few constipated old tight asses..... beer3.gif

I'm gonna go strip down t tee shirt and shorts and work on the 9 eleben....

A friend (yes I have those) taught me how to fill rock chips with a dimple of paint and then 1500 sand block it down level....saves having to the repaint the whole lid.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(mikez @ Feb 8 2004, 08:51 AM)
Ah Rich, don't get the panties all bunched up....

A friend (yes I have those) taught me how to fill rock chips with a dimple of paint and then 1500 sand block it down level....

it'll take more than that to bunchify my panties ...

just i see this from time to time and wonder what's the point - guys (not you, Mike...) who aren't interested in participating in something in the first place complain about the rules in a club or forum they don't even really want to join. let it go - you aren't going to change them, and neither of you really cares about the other ...

lets face it - 356/911/914 combined ownership is pretty unusual. i expect the few we see here in 914 whackjob land are most of the population :-) ...

a multiple-Parade-concours-class-win 911 guy from San Diego taught us the rock-chip fix a long time ago. for a field-expedient fix (show-day, for instance...) you can use the base of a book match as a teeny, one-use rock chip paintbrush.

i'll be doing a LOT of small-area chip repairs this year... fortunately, the 911's white color is easy to match ...
rick 918-S
It would be fun to ask a couple of dumb questions to liven up the old pharts but not at the expense of getting 70+ emails a day. I'm on the Healey list and there kinda the same way. I delete a bunch of mail and never read it. I thought you were on a BBS. It's all for fun. lol2.gif Lifes too short to be that serious... confused24.gif

BTW: Be sure to get ALL the wax out of the chip before doing the fill trick. I had an owner bring his 911 in after dotting in a million chips and wanted us to the the block and buff for him. My painter went to sand and buff the chips and the paint dots were just coming off leaving a white speck. DUOOoo! We ended up shooting the front and mirrors anyway. Use ample wax and grease remover, and try using a Q-tip in the chip. Be sure the chip isn't to the metal. rust will still grow under the filed in chip.
Brad Roberts
Cool. I can go through and collect all their email addresses from the classifieds and spam them with big T4 ads. laugh.gif

At least ours are a few layers deep in code.

B
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Feb 8 2004, 09:38 AM)
It would be fun to ask a couple of dumb questions to liven up the old pharts but not at the expense of getting 70+ emails a day.

if you subscribe here to the 'new topic notification' and 'topic reply' functions, you're getting that many from here.

if you don't want that many individual emails, subscribe to the Digest (like i do with RennList's 911 and Racing lists...). you read about the Digest option, right ?
Joe Bob
Dunno know where the 70+ number came from....the 356 list averages 10-12 at the most....when a RANT goes on, you can 30-40...
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Feb 8 2004, 08:39 AM)
I think we have found the exact opposite of the 914club board.

-no pictures/attachments?
-2 posts per day limit?
-no OT?
-"strip all unessential verbiage"?  I'm screwed!  Oops sorry that was unessential.

Except for the "2 post limit" (which I think is pretty flipping stupid) and the 5K limit, the Type Three email list I'm on has the same rules. We all deal with enough email -- and people -- to understand the sense with these rules (like the no swearing and no flaming). Many people don't have the "latest and greatest" in software so keeping everything in text format, small and to the point, makes it very easy for anyone to get the emails, particularly those whose email client can't decode HTML and/or are using a dial-up internet connection. The "unessential verbage" means delete all of the text of the email you are responding to except for the part you are answering to. This becomes particularly important on topics that generate a lot of responses. It also greatly assists when searching the archives.

Email vs web forum are very different animals. Just shedding some light beerchug.gif
nebreitling
QUOTE(914ghost @ Feb 7 2004, 09:58 PM)
Oh they're old AND rich...and have you seen any of their daughters lately ? ??? smlove2.gif

dude, that's gross. their daughters are my parent's age.
Jeroen
Mike, post the link...
I'll hook 'em up with the Dutch 914 guys and they can all go bowling together :finger2:

cheers,

Jeroen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.