Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cv joint installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
reinstalling my engine and am about to reconnect the axle to the tranny. got new seals and dr evil bolts and as usual a few questions.
should i clean out the old grease and put in new and if so how much
and are there any tricks to conecting it to the tranny, it seems pretty straight forward and that scares me a little
and last what is the torque?
Dr Evil
Its straight forward. If you can easily clean out the grease and replace, then go for it, but I bet it is not easy. I would just make sure the grease looks ok and add more as needed. smile.gif
nycchef
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 8 2008, 04:09 PM) *

Its straight forward. If you can easily clean out the grease and replace, then go for it, but I bet it is not easy. I would just make sure the grease looks ok and add more as needed. smile.gif

thats the problem with you mike , you assume i know things, you've met me , you should know better now... what means add more if needed.. how much i9s needed, define more.
ps if you are thinking of learning to the play the piano. get your self a nice upright.you will never learn the sublities of a beethoven sonata on some electric toy. trust me i played for 30 years. unless your just gonna play country western , in that case you'll be fine grouphug.gif
r_towle
slide those bad boys onto the pins.
Wrap around the outside 10 times with silver duct tape..
All done.

RIch
brp986s
what is the meaning of the groove on the circumference?
nycchef
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 8 2008, 06:17 PM) *

All done.

RIch

DUCT TAPE?

r_towle
QUOTE(nycchef @ Oct 8 2008, 11:50 PM) *

All done.

RIch

DUCT TAPE?

what, did I spell it wrong???
Duct tape is good for pretty much any structural and stressful load that I have ever used it for. Red Green uses it like a welder and it seems to work frine for those projects, why not for CV joints...
I think the bolts are overrated anyways.

Rich
Dr Evil
Dude, stop fucking with Richie, he will believe you!

Rich is kidding, Richie tongue.gif
rmital
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 9 2008, 11:36 AM) *

QUOTE(nycchef @ Oct 8 2008, 11:50 PM) *

All done.

RIch

DUCT TAPE?

what, did I spell it wrong???
Duct tape is good for pretty much any structural and stressful load that I have ever used it for. Red Green uses it like a welder and it seems to work frine for those projects, why not for CV joints...
I think the bolts are overrated anyways.

Rich

Richie (nycchef) doesn't speak sarcasm....he's a pure cynic
nycchef
he was kidding!!!! what am i supposed to do with the case off duct tape i bought. it looked so nice i used it instead of the lug nuts on my tires. oh well i'll just put it on e-bay

for sale porsche 914 duct tape oem very rare good condition

some idiot will buy it sheeplove.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.