Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Traveling to Phoenix and Illinois to PU two 914's!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914rrr
UPDATE 10/18:

1st trip: We are buying a 914 from Brad Mayuer and will be picking it up Oct 20th Monday evening. We would appreciate some emergency contacts should we have a problem while towing it back from Peoria, IL to Clinton, TN . We are making it a round trip, so this will be a 24 hr trip for us.

2nd trip: We are buying a 914 in Phoenix. We will be leaving here on the Oct 22nd (Rob's birthday), and arriving in Phoenix on the 23rd in the evening, departing on Oct 25th.

If the 914 gang would like to get together on Oct 24 Friday night beerchug.gif chowtime.gif , please let us know. Read further down the thread to view any updates or plans.

Thanks!

Rob driving.gif and Nel driving-girl.gif
azbill
There are a few of us here in Phoenix. Where will you be staying? Let know so we can set something up.

Bill Shaffer
914rrr
QUOTE(azbill @ Oct 8 2008, 08:56 PM) *

There are a few of us here in Phoenix. Where will you be staying? Let know so we can set something up.

Bill Shaffer

We are priority club members, and would like to stay at a Holiday Inn Express in Phoenix or Scottsdale. Recommendations would be appreciated.

Nel driving-girl.gif
carr914
What the heck are you 2 getting now? I guess you are not satisfied with just one LE biggrin.gif .

I need to come out there soon to pick-up a car myself

T.C.
914rrr
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 8 2008, 09:40 PM) *

What the heck are you 2 getting now? I guess you are not satisfied with just one LE biggrin.gif .

I need to come out there soon to pick-up a car myself

T.C.

LOL, I know. When we get the deal completed, Rob will post all the info about it and you will understand why he bought it. I told him it is his 51st birthday present, like the LE was my 43rd birthday present. I mean, if we can't live for our toys, then what is the use of living! beerchug.gif

If you have to go out that way to pick up a car, we should try to schedule it so we can all meet up at the same time. It would be great!

driving-girl.gif
IronHillRestorations
You can always stop by here in West TN. I'm 15 miles south of I40 at exit 126. Bartlett914 was here for a visit yesterday. We have a guest house, and a shop with a lift.
914rrr
QUOTE(9146986 @ Oct 9 2008, 10:26 AM) *

You can always stop by here in West TN. I'm 15 miles south of I40 at exit 126. Bartlett914 was here for a visit yesterday. We have a guest house, and a shop with a lift.

We will definitely stop by on our way home. I am sure you would love to see what Rob bought. He swore me to secrecy! This is VERY hard for me to keep quiet about!!

driving-girl.gif
azbill
Phoenix is very big, the metro area is as large as the state of Delware. What part of town is your business in east side or west side?

Bill Shaffer
914rrr
QUOTE(azbill @ Oct 9 2008, 11:18 AM) *

Phoenix is very big, the metro area is as large as the state of Delware. What part of town is your business in east side or west side?

Bill Shaffer

Just north of Phoenix. Rob does not really care where we stay, but since I will be along for the ride...I like the very nice hotel in the very nice area. Scottsdale had a gorgeous Holiday Inn Express, and I like their beds. Is this a nice area? smile.gif

driving-girl.gif
azbill
QUOTE(914rrr @ Oct 9 2008, 08:32 AM) *

QUOTE(azbill @ Oct 9 2008, 11:18 AM) *

Bill Shaffer

Just north of Phoenix. Rob does not really care where we stay, but since I will be along for the ride...I like the very nice hotel in the very nice area. Scottsdale had a gorgeous Holiday Inn Express, and I like their beds. Is this a nice area? smile.gif

driving-girl.gif

Scotsdale is very nice. Has some of the best restaurants and night spots. Of course high end shopping. Welcome to the Valley bring lots of money and keep Arizona green. biggrin.gif

Bill
914rrr
Our plans are almost complete! We will be arriving in Scottsdale on Oct 23rd, and leaving for home on the 25th. Perry, we are planning on stopping by your place on Sunday the 26th (late afternoon/early evening) if you will be around. I am sure you will want to see what Rob bought.

It seems the hotel we were planning on staying at is now booked up. So we need some recommendations for nice hotels in Scottsdale.

Also, we would like to get together with the 914 crowd out there on Friday night.

Bill has been EXTREMELY great by helping out with the PPI, among other things. beerchug.gif So Bill, we are treating you and your wife to dinner Friday night. chowtime.gif

Thanks!
driving-girl.gif
MoveQik
Damn I just now saw this! I wish we could join you guys but we have plans that we can't change. sad.gif

I could meet up for lunch, however. biggrin.gif

Let me know if you still need help finding a place here in Scottsdale. I would happy to make some recommendations.
914rrr
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Oct 20 2008, 11:36 PM) *

Damn I just now saw this! I wish we could join you guys but we have plans that we can't change. sad.gif

I could meet up for lunch, however. biggrin.gif

Let me know if you still need help finding a place here in Scottsdale. I would happy to make some recommendations.

We will be getting into Scottsdale around 3 pm on Friday, then leaving on Saturday. Wish we could meet up with you, but this is turning out to be a fast trip. If anything changes, we can send you a PM from the hotel.

We booked a hotel, but thanks for the offer of help. I will PM our contact info to you. You can also contact azbill of your plans change and you can join us Friday night.

Thanks!
Nel
driving-girl.gif
carr914
Happy Birthday Rob

T.C.
fitsbain
Holiday Inn Express in Scotsdale, just off the 101 at the intersection of bell and 84th.

Posting from there now. I'm in 418. :-)

Unfortunatly I'll be leaving here tomorrow at 12:30 (that's when the plane takes off. Going back to Pittsburgh.

914rrr
QUOTE(fitsbain @ Oct 22 2008, 09:48 PM) *

Holiday Inn Express in Scotsdale, just off the 101 at the intersection of bell and 84th.

Unfortunatly I'll be leaving here tomorrow at 12:30 (that's when the plane takes off. Going back to Pittsburgh.

Shame we will miss you. We leave early tomorrow morning, and we are driving straight through to Phoenix. LOTS OF CAFFIENE!!!

Have a safe trip home!
Nel driving-girl.gif
914rrr
If anyone needs to reach us while we are traveling, our cell is 727-204-6806 or 727-483-0260.

driving.gif driving-girl.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(fitsbain @ Oct 22 2008, 06:48 PM) *

You are only a couple of miles from me. I wish I had known you would be here!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.