jonferns
Here's your chance to buy it back!
davep
Bad timing for the seller.
jim_hoyland
Hmmmm...so the buyer had other plans
Joe Bob
http://ooley-and-blackburn.ebizautos.com:8...p;src=eBizEmail

Looks like a "Stealer" bought yer ride....
JRust
That will suck if he get's 5k more than he paid dry.gif It would make you want to headbang.gif
tronporsche
I am more than sure Mark knows he could have gotten 15k for that 914, but he just wanted a quick sale. As far as the seller goes, hey if they are doing it in the U.K., why not here !!!!!
computers4kids
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 8 2008, 09:30 PM) *

That will suck if he get's 5k more than he paid dry.gif It would make you want to headbang.gif

Don't forget he paid $900 to ship it back east.
r_towle
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 9 2008, 12:30 AM) *

I dont see a real issue here.
He sold his car with a simple piece of paper on the car for marketing.
He brought it to a show and found a quick sale...simple and painless.

The new owner is in this business and knew (based upon his own research) he could make a buck on the car.
He obviously cleaned it up even more and is now going to have the pleasure of marketing it for the next month or two and answer loads of calls about it so he can make 4k profit...that is his business.

Rich
mudfoot76
Ooley is only about 15 mintues from where I live. I'll have to go over and have a look at that in person. Around here, they have a good reputation. They charge top dollar, but then they only take top-dollar cars. When I was shopping for tail draggers, they had a few in stock that were in my price range. Any of those would have been great to own, but I ended up wanting to keep my 914 and fix it up (again rolleyes.gif )

I'm sorry if you feel you were swindled. But maybe you can take pride in that they wouldn't have purchased your car unless it really is one of the best examples available unsure.gif
AvalonFal
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Oct 8 2008, 08:57 PM) *

Wow...that was quick!

Looking for a quick return

That's called "free enterprise".
sww914
Yep, fly 1/2 way across the country, spend 2 days looking at cars, plunk down the cash, haul the car back, detail it, advertise, deal with 100 jackasses with no money before you get to the good one, accept any legal liability, do the state's paperwork, and then you must pay taxes on the profit. 3-4-5K sounds like a lot of money at first but it costs quite a bit to make it.
computers4kids
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 9 2008, 08:12 AM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 9 2008, 12:30 AM) *

He obviously cleaned it up even more

Nope, that's just how it looked...it is a very clean car.

QUOTE(mudfoot76 @ Oct 9 2008, 08:31 AM) *

I'm sorry if you feel you were swindled. But maybe you can take pride in that they wouldn't have purchased your car unless it really is one of the best examples available unsure.gif

Where are you guys getting that impression...not from me? I was very happy with the quick sale and the buyer even let me take off the flat tow kit. He paid exactly what I was asking...no haggling. I didn't have to answer a million different questions from tire kickers. He paid top dollar to ship it back east. All the power to him if he makes a profit...I hope he does, he has almost 11K into before he starts.
Ferg
Nice looking teener there...

My old car is on ebay as well... He's asking a lot more what he bought it for but he did a ton of rust repair, and paint.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1975-Porsch...1QQcmdZViewItem

Ferg
Joe Bob
While I never saw the car in person....it was priced for a quick sale and well done.

I recently got 14K for a similarly prepped 74. Back east it should go for that or more.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.