Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine sound pad.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
OK....so Bernbomb came by and dropped off the stock sound pad.....I'm gonna cut one for Blondie, and I have enuff for one more.....light weight silverized heat resistant material from APPBIZ, they sell on carpets and stuff on ebay and now are wholesaled to the Skyrat Board sponsors.....

1/3 the weight of the stock....will trade for P-car racing posters or wall hangers for the garage....
SirAndy
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Joe Bob
Pics tomorrow....all put away for the night.....
IronHillRestorations
On the current customer project we used H-Liner from B-Quiet. Self adhesive reflective mat. Looks great and much lighter. We also use the B-Quiet Brown Bread to replace the rubber mat on the inside of the firewall, and on the floorpan too.

http://www.b-quiet.com

PK cool.gif
JmuRiz
Looks like that appbiz pad is made and ready for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2460556264

I have a stock pad that looks like hell, think this'd be a worthy upgrade, after I check for rust underneath the old one?
Air_Cooled_Nut
That felt pad ain't gonna do much in terms of sound deadening. Felt? Come on...
garyh
QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Feb 17 2004, 04:38 PM)
That felt pad ain't gonna do much in terms of sound deadening. Felt? Come on...

Actually, it reduces noise more than the stock pad does.

As soon as I figure out how to take a picture of how much quieter it is, I'll post it.

G.
Joe Bob
Yup....works nicely.
EdwardBlume
So it works? Why does it look like tin foil? Can't they make a side black so it looks like stock?
Jake Raby
I had mine shot with 1/4" of Line -x... Its quieter than ever before with double the stock HP>
JmuRiz
Just keep rubbin it in Jake...we all know your car is faster than mine and about 90% out there...haha (no smilie for envy)

Oh yeah almost forgot about the sound pad...I might give it a whirl.
MikeZ: Any idea on a discount to 914clubers?
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(garyh @ Feb 17 2004, 07:21 PM)
QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Feb 17 2004, 04:38 PM)
That felt pad ain't gonna do much in terms of sound deadening.  Felt?  Come on...

Actually, it reduces noise more than the stock pad does.

As soon as I figure out how to take a picture of how much quieter it is, I'll post it.

G.

Hrmm... wink.gif Only trouble is, to properly get results you have to take a measurement, swap pads, and take another measurement. You can't change ANYTHING else except the pad.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Feb 17 2004, 08:51 PM)
Just keep rubbin it in Jake...we all know your car is faster than mine and about 90% out there...haha (no smilie for envy)

Oh yeah almost forgot about the sound pad...I might give it a whirl.
MikeZ: Any idea on a discount to 914clubers?

Geez, you guys.....I have enuff material for one more pad.....I made an offer 2 weeks ago to trade some kinda wall hanging for my new Porsche garage....no bites....same offer....whatcha got?
JmuRiz
I know, I saw the offer...I just have nothing to offer...all my stuff is hanging on my office's wall. I might just have to order via the 'bay.
Joe Bob
OK....

40 bucks, I draw the outline and ship it... and you trim it.... sawzall-smiley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.