Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: has anyone else noticed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jc914
I was wondering, has any one also noticed how many 914's are currently being sold on ebay. I am shocked dry.gif . I think this will bring down the value b/c there is so many for sale any confused24.gif thoughts
southernmost914
Housing market ,
Stock market,
914 market!

Steve
r_towle
Every year, same time same channel all sports cars go up for sale.

Rich
PanelBilly
They're all trying to raise money to buy GM stock
jc914
all are good valid reasons I which i had extra money to buy some stocks and sell them when they just go up a bit. Like buy for $2 and sell at $4. Dam This could be my restoration money. But for know my efforts are in finding a job.
scotty b
Quite honestly there are alot of everything for sale. I have watched 3 Chrysler 300 convertibles go up lately. Might not sound like much until you factor in that there were and there were only 2,161 of them originaly made. 5+ 356 speedsters, roadsters and convertibles. Almost all of these cars are very nice. Only one of the 356 was rough and it still got over 100,000.
blitZ
I usually check CL everyday and I noticed the number of hobby cars has increased dramatically. Great time to buy if you have the $$$.
G e o r g e
No I have not noticed
914rrr
Considering we bought 3 914's in the past week and a 911 two weeks before that...I guess it is just a good time to buy. Of course, that means alot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in the near future. But, if we don't have our toys..then what do we have?

driving.gif driving-girl.gif
sww914
Money gets tight, toys go away.
Your wife can't afford new carpet, you sell the 914 for baby clothes.
Boats are cheap now. I saw a 36' sloop advertised for 15K a few weeks ago, it's listed for 7K now. They have an appraisal for 48K.
Racer
QUOTE(sww914 @ Oct 9 2008, 05:26 PM) *

They had an appraisal for 48K.

Fixed that one wink.gif

Also some of the "late to market" cars were riding the Euro influenced market. Guess what.. The euro markets are in trouble too. BMW et all reducing production means selling less... which means less income blah blah....

x2 or 3 on the "toys must go to put clothes on the kids" issues.. No point having a Heloc loan for the 914 anymore ehrn that money is needed for basics instead of luxuries.
jc914
I hope we can call keep our 914 during these times. for some of us its our escape from reality and the wife/girl friend or what have you. We all just have to hang on for now driving.gif help.gif silver914.jpg
barada
QUOTE(jc914 @ Oct 9 2008, 10:44 PM) *

I hope we can call keep our 914 during these times. for some of us its our escape from reality and the wife/girl friend or what have you. We all just have to hang on for now driving.gif help.gif silver914.jpg

I noticed several have come up and that may allow me to have a mid engine porsche next to the rear engine ones I have now.
Mikey914
Factor in the market cycle, the election jitters, and a holiday season, the prices should drop pretty good in January, (election year there's allways some uncertianty) but the upswing could be better with a small stock rally in april ish, and spring time coming up, if enough people are panicked, January will be the month to buy!
70Sixter
There were six -4s in the October Panorama. No -6s.

That's higher than usual, but Pano lags behind the current problems.

scotty b
just in case you haven't sen this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...A:IT&ih=016
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.