Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT LA friday traffic advise
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dw914er
Well, Im going home for the weekend, but this will be the first time i'm leaving San Luis Obispo at 6pm (never had a late friday class)

now, typically, I take the 101, to the 126 through fillmore, then 5, 210. This way, I never deal with la traffic, just Pasadena on the 210. But the last time I would do this I would pull through there at 4pm ish. This is a longer way to go, but again, no LA traffic.

A shorter route is the 101 to the 134 to the 210. Since I will be passing through at around 9pm, does anyone think this will still take longer than my normal route?

Thanks,

Ben
Joe Bob
Allways a crap shoot when dealing with SmelLA traffic. 101 north of LA is consistent, while the 5 and the 210 can clog up in a minute.
dw914er
I know that pasadena will tipically suck, and ill go through there either way. My worry is will i spend more time going the extra 30 total miles to avoid LA at this hour of the night
G e o r g e
Go the direct route

but listen to traffic reports once you pass Mike ( ventura area )

worst case you can take the 23 to simi then the 118 to the 210

if the 101/134/210 suck

but with you leaving at 6 you will be behind all normal traffic, only accidents will

ruin your drive

you should make it home before midnight
Cap'n Krusty
My parents have lived at the east end of Pasadena/San Marino for 35 years, and I ALWAYS take your usual route (well, the 101's OK on Thanksgiving or Christmas morning, or after midnite Sun -Thurs.) The 126 was even faster than the 101 when it was 2 lanes and filled with stop lights and traffic, as we know it, didn't exist. My rule? PCH if I'm going to the Westside (except for days when I'm gonna hit beach traffic) and 126/5/210 for the rest of my trips to LaLaLand and points south/east. I also don't think it's that much longer ..................

The Cap'n
dw914er
QUOTE(George H. @ Oct 9 2008, 06:12 PM) *

Go the direct route

but listen to traffic reports once you pass Mike ( ventura area )

worst case you can take the 23 to simi then the 118 to the 210

if the 101/134/210 suck

but with you leaving at 6 you will be behind all normal traffic, only accidents will

ruin your drive

you should make it home before midnight

the 126 will get me back around 10:30ish. Its just a bit longer. I do know the la way is alot faster (less distance, and no surface streets) if there is no traffic.
yeahmag
I live in Pasadena and the east bound traffic on a Friday tends to stack up and clear out earlier. I think you will be fine at 9pm for sure.
dw914er
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Oct 9 2008, 09:52 PM) *

I live in Pasadena and the east bound traffic on a Friday tends to stack up and clear out earlier. I think you will be fine at 9pm for sure.

i know. Question is, will LA be cleared out. Ill probably do the 126/5 just becasue its less of a crap shoot
monkeyboy
The 101 through Hollywood has always been trouble in my experience. It stays packed until about 10 or 11 PM. People are always trying to get to Hollywood on Friday night. I tend to avoid it if possible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.