Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which P&C to buy?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
I'm starting to rebuild my stock FI 2.0L. I'm pretty sure that a set of 96mm Nickies and pistons are not in the picture at $3,000, but I sure like the idea since I'm in Arizona and heat is always an issue if I come down off the mountain.

So if I can't do Nickies, what's the next choice? Euro domed pistons? If so, is there a cylinder choice?

What I'm after is a solid daily driver that is going to have the greatest longevity possible. If I get a little better performance out of it than the straight stock engine that's fine, but not necessary.

What do you guys suggest?
Brad Roberts
Mahles or the Jap knock offs. They are the only game in town. You could have a stock set of Mahles enlarged to 96mm and use the KB pistons.

B
ThinAir
I only mentioned 96mm because Nickies don't come in stock 94 size. From what I've read here the FI wouldn't even flinch at the extra 2mm per cylinder, but unless theres a compelling reason I'm not interested in modifying Mahles just to get the bigger size.

Why should I want to move up to 96mm?
ChrisReale
What about Kolben Schmidt (sp??)
Brad Roberts
No real reason. The 94's work fine. The Jap 96's are cheap at 350$ or so. The Mahles (Euro) can run up to 525$ or so.

I havent seen anything from Kobel in awhile for our cars. They might still be avaliable.

B
ChrisReale
KS. I got them in my car, the same company that makes all the bearings...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.