Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Trip or Pictures from Monza
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
effutuo101
Click to view attachmentWork has been off the hook since I got back and I had a chance to get things sorted from my trip.
ok, So, a quick summary of my trip to Monza. I finally dug through the 350 picutres I took and selected a few to share.
I arrived in Madrid Spain on Thursday morning. I then caught a bullet train to Barcelona. It was nice to do 300KMPH. A Metro ride and a short walk put me on an overnight Ferry to Genoa. I really didn't expect to get to Milano until late Saturday, but the bullet train put me ahead of schedule. So, early Friday evening I arrived in Milano. I had to scramble to get a hotel, but fortune smiled and I had a room for the night. I saw more Ferrari's, Lamborghini, Alpha's in one hour then I have see on the road in my life. After talking with some other F1 fans, i decided to make a dry run and get my tickets for Sunday.
A 400 meter walk from my hotel to the train station, a 20 minute train ride, a short bus ride through Monza, a short walk (seemed like 1 mile) and I was standing at the enterance. I retrieved my ticket for Sunday and decided to see if I could get a ticket for qualifiing that was getting ready to start. Score! A seat in the stands at Variante Ascari.
The Alpha is an 8C. one of 500 built. They make that in a convertable as well.
On Sunday, a repeat of the short trip, but, the trains to Monza where now running every 20 minutes and had two cars added to each train. The train was PACKED. I stood in the small area between cars with about 10 other people. It was very funny as 5 had Ferrari shirts on and 5 had MB shirts on. Since I had a Ferrari shirt on, we out numbered them. smile.gif They segregated themselves in that small space and started lobbing polite insults at each other. All in good humor.
I had a general pass for Sunday and sat about 100 meters before the braking zone for Parabolica. I can't express how loud the cars are.
I had my camera set to continue to take pictures as long as I held the button. So, there are quite a few pictures
GP2
Porsche Supercup
F1
Starting with Saturday. Enjoy
effutuo101
aadsf
effutuo101
asdfr
effutuo101
adf
effutuo101
That is the traveling duck. Sorta like the gnome.
effutuo101
adsf
effutuo101
;ll;jk
effutuo101
afd
effutuo101
adf
effutuo101
afd
effutuo101
adfs
effutuo101
adfs
effutuo101
The end of Saturday pictures
effutuo101
Race Day!
effutuo101
adsf
effutuo101
asfd
GP2
effutuo101
adsf
Supercup
effutuo101
supercup
effutuo101
I will add more in a few. have to work.
effutuo101
F1
effutuo101
afd
effutuo101
afds
effutuo101
afds
effutuo101
This was a fantastic trip. all on a $200 camera. Hopefully you will
SharonG
Hey Chris! Nice! biggrin.gif
r_towle
Duck should be in every picture...

Rich
SharonG
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 10 2008, 03:43 PM) *

Duck should be in every picture...

Rich
I agree! beerchug.gif
effutuo101
LOL! yep, the roaming duck. That duck has traveled to Colorado, Idaho, Utah, Boston, New York, Oregon, California, Mexico, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, and is hopefully going to Egypt next spring (not all with me). It gets passed from friend to friend as they travel. We are creating a book for the kid who owns it with all of the pictures since the duck decided to travel. It is a Xmas present this year and the duck will still be traveling. Everybody at the race wanted to know about the duck. I got a lot of puzzled looks until I explained it was for a 5 year old boy. The boy lives next to my sister.
I am finishing up some pictures of the F1 cars at speed. I did a side by side comparison with the Porsche supercup, the GP2 cars and the F1 cars. The speed differance is amazing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.