Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: h.e headache
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
well not actually backwards, but on the wrong side. i reinsalled the h.e on the passenger side and in went in without a hitch, now the driver side wont line up with the studs. could i have put them on the wrong side/ does anyone have a good pic of a completey installed system for a 2.0? with all the tubes and hoses. i am trully lost sad.gif
r_towle
The HE goes outside the motor...so when the tubes turn they move the HE towards the outside of the car...

Rich
nycchef
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 10 2008, 02:53 PM) *

The HE goes outside the motor...so when the tubes turn they move the HE towards the outside of the car...

Rich

so how do you tell the left from the right?
r_towle
Well if you put it on so it pointed the way I described it would aim the exchanger forward.

Look at the pipes that go to the head.
About 3 inches from the head, both pipes bend 90 degrees.
That would move the HE towards the outside of the car when properly installed.
If you somehow (not even sure if it possible) managed to install it the wrong way, that 90 degree bend would move the HE towards the middle of the car.

If the HE is no lining up with the head stud, check to make sure the head studs are straight and then make sure the HE little U tabs for the studs are straight and clean on the inside.

Sometimes you may need to take a file and ream out the u tabs on the HE to get it to work.

RIch
r_towle
here is a pic.

r_towle
Forget looking at the muffler in this picture.
Look at the HE;s

From the back of the car these HE's in the pic above are on the correct side. See the bend in the front pipes>

Rich
nycchef
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 10 2008, 03:23 PM) *

Forget looking at the muffler in this picture.
Look at the HE;s

From the back of the car these HE's in the pic above are on the correct side. See the bend in the front pipes>

Rich

thanks rich i'm just losing it. i got them on the right side just have to check if a stud is bent
nycchef
still need to figure out the j-tube/flapper box/etc layout. if anyone has a diagram or pic i could use to see it
thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.