Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One step backwards
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Phoenix-MN
I was finishing up my throttle linkage this morning when this went snap
headbang.gif
Click to view attachment

I made a custom length cable from two stock cable sheaths and some SS cable. Anyone have a stock cable sheath (or Terry Cable sheath) laying around? (I don't need the inner cable).

Thanks

Paul

r_towle
Try a local snow mobile store...they have tons of cables and cable ends..

Rich
pete-stevers
did you over tighten? i did on my rabbit a few weeks ago, had to get a new cable
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Oct 11 2008, 08:03 AM) *

did you over tighten? i did on my rabbit a few weeks ago, had to get a new cable

Yup, snugged it up and gave it just a little bit more....... snap! mad.gif
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 11 2008, 07:34 AM) *

Try a local snow mobile store...they have tons of cables and cable ends..

Rich

The threaded sleeve I made to joint two stock cable together with fits the sheath, I don't know if the local Snow Mobile store could match it up. I guess I can try.
Click to view attachment
Phoenix-MN
Well the loacal motorsports store didn't have too much and nothing that would work. Started burning some brain smoke.gif cells and decided that I could drill out the cable end fitting, tap it for 6mm bolt and then take a 6mm stud and center drill it for the cable. Then I'll silver solder the stud to keep it from un-threading. Now I can start stepping forwards again biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.