Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 TV sighting...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
I was watching Speed channel last night and they were talking about the history of the "Safety Car" in Formula 1. Up on the screen pops an interview with the original Safety Car driver from the '70's. Behind him, models of a signal orange 914 Safety Car... Then pictures of him driving the car back in the day... I guess the original F1 Safety Car was a 914/6... Nowadays, it is an AMG MB with 500+HP... Good company I think!
Gint
Can you be more specific about which show it was on? I don't see a historical F1 show from last night. Could it have been the historical section of "Inside Grand Prix"? Usually show towards the end of the program.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 11 2008, 11:58 AM) *

Can you be more specific about which show it was on? I don't see a historical F1 show from last night. Could it have been the historical section of "Inside Grand Prix"? Usually show towards the end of the program.

I think that was it Mike... It was 10;30 to 11:00 my time here in Californication on Comcast... I seldom watch TV but the FI thing caught my eye. It was a section in the show. Just before that they were doing a driver focus on Williams and a Japanese guy...
carr914
This car is an original GT that was one of the Monte Carlo Rallie cars. Then converted to a Safety/FireCar

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

It is now restored back to GT form

Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 11 2008, 03:58 PM) *

It was Inside Grand Prix, on right before practice for Japan the other night.
I saw it too and thought "how cool ws that!"
Gint
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 11 2008, 02:53 PM) *

I think that was it Mike... It was 10;30 to 11:00 my time here in Californication on Comcast... I seldom watch TV but the FI thing caught my eye. It was a section in the show. Just before that they were doing a driver focus on Williams and a Japanese guy...

Thanks Rob. That's it. Watchin it now... in HD. smile.gif I would have caught it sooner or later as I Tivo all of the F1 stuff up to and including the week's race.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 11 2008, 04:56 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 11 2008, 02:53 PM) *

Thanks Rob. That's it. Watchin it now... in HD. smile.gif I would have caught it sooner or later as I Tivo all of the F1 stuff up to and including the week's race.

No problem Mike! I don't watch that much TV but that was a treat. We need the segment in the video files here if we could get it...
Gint
I'll save it on the HD DVR. Maybe some day I'll get it off of there and into a file suitable for uploading. This box is brand new and I haven't tried to get into yet and may never. But we'll see...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.