Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6 conversion question wiring related
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LarryR
I was wondering if the engine harness would plug from a 1974 cis 2.7 would plug straight into a 70 914 I am not even sure if the number of pin outs is the same. If there are any of you who have done this conversion that would chime in on the best route it would be greatly appreciated.

I was thinking otherwise I would just graft a 914 engine harness onto the 2.7. I guess that would be the easiest if the 2.7 wont work directly. However, that would be a little bit of grief since the 2.7 harness also has the cde harness on the engine harness.

Thanks in advance,
Larry
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(LarryR @ Oct 11 2008, 08:12 PM) *

I was wondering if the engine harness would plug from a 1974 cis 2.7 would plug straight into a 70 914 I am not even sure if the number of pin outs is the same. If there are any of you who have done this conversion that would chime in on the best route it would be greatly appreciated.

I was thinking otherwise I would just graft a 914 engine harness onto the 2.7. I guess that would be the easiest if the 2.7 wont work directly. However, that would be a little bit of grief since the 2.7 harness also has the cde harness on the engine harness.

Thanks in advance,
Larry

You will have to make some mods.. the 911 harness uses a 14 pin connector, and the 914 harness uses a 12 pin connector.

If you were local, I could help.
LarryR
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 11 2008, 07:51 PM) *

You will have to make some mods.. the 911 harness uses a 14 pin connector, and the 914 harness uses a 12 pin connector.

Did you adapt the 911 harness to the 914 chasis or did you just take a 914 engine harness and make work on the 911 engine. I am pretty sure I could do the later unaided but I think the first option would be the cleaner install.

Larry
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(LarryR @ Oct 12 2008, 12:33 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 11 2008, 07:51 PM) *

Did you adapt the 911 harness to the 914 chasis or did you just take a 914 engine harness and make work on the 911 engine. I am pretty sure I could do the later unaided but I think the first option would be the cleaner install.

Larry

For my car, I built a custom chassis harness to use a 914/6 relay board, a Getty dash, a J-West fuse box, a 911 steering column, and a bunch of other stuff.

If I were doing just a straight conversion, I would take the 911 harness and make it work with the 914 relay board. Are you running the stock injection on the 911 engine or carbs? Carbs are easier for wiring, as you don't have to make up the warmup stuff for them. But the CIS would run better when working right.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.