Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Brake lines to buy?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikeyboy_85
Hey guys, the brake lines in my 914 are buldging so i need to get new lines, my car is fitted with 5 stud rotors and brakes from a 911(so im told) so im not sure what lines i need to get, and i also need to replace the linings and not sure which ones to get. The brakes look to be the same as an early 911 or 912 but not sure if i should get 914 lines or 914-6 lines due to 911 brakes??

cheers any help would be great!

Michael
jimkelly
post some pics and talk to eric shea

http://www.pmbperformance.com/page/page/1925563.htm

Dave_Darling
I believe the 914 flex lines will not have the correct fitting on the caliper end. Likely the Six lines will, but I am not completely sure.

You can figure out which 911 brakes you have with a couple of tests. First, check the bolts that hold the caliper onto the strut. If they are 3" apart (center to center), you have "M" calipers, so the original 914-6 parts should be perfect.

If you have 3.5" bolt spacing, then see if a magnet sticks to the caliper. If it does not, you have aluminum "S" calipers. If so, you have steel "A" calipers. I think the Six lines will work for those, but I could be wrong.

Note that I haven't done this swap yet, so I am not talking from first-hand experience.

--DD
mikeyboy_85
here are some pics of the front and rear brakes and lines as fitted to my car, im pretty sure the rear are stock but redrilled for 5 stud, but the fronts im not to sure about, but im sure that u guys will be able to tell me from the pictures

cheers
mikeyboy_85
sorry bout bad pics, taken on phone
GeorgeRud
Go with the same lines as you have. They should be available at any of the usual suspects (Pelican Parts, Performance Products, etc.), and proably still available through your friendly Porsche dealer (though probably at a much higher price). It looks like you have the stock 914 brakes, so there should be no surprises.
mikeyboy_85
thanks mate! will get them from pelican parts
mikeyboy_85
can someome tell me what linings i would get for the front?
Dave_Darling
Those front hubs look like 911 parts to me! Measure the mounting bolts and see if they're magnetic, and you'll have a much better idea of what pads to get.

Again, I'm not at all sure that the 914 flex lines will fit the 911 calipers...

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.