Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barret-Jackson auction - Las Vegas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
watsonrx13
Robin and I are going to LV next week for the Barret-Jackson auction. They are selling a '76 914. The car is scheduled for Friday morning, about 10:00 am, what do you think it's worth and what do you think it's auction price will be? We'll take pictures before the bidding and post here.

Here's the listing:

LotNumber 412.1
Hammer Price Not Sold
Year 1976
CarMake PORSCHE
CarModel 914
CarStyle TARGA COUPE
ExteriorColor BLACK
Interiorcolor BLACK
Cylinders 4
Engine 2.0 LITER
Transmission 5-SPEED MANUAL
Summary A factory black car with mint original black interior, perfect body and pristine floors. Runs and drives perfect in every way. Less than 72,500 original miles. A perfect example of a last-year 914 Porsche

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

swl
Really nice car Rob. I'm not going to guess on the hammer price though - you never know what is going to happen. The economic woes add even more uncertainty this year. But if the rest of the car is a nice as what we see here I would hope it fetches in the $15+ but again you never know - at auction it could go into the $20+ particularly with the final year tag on it.
With the economy the way it is ,my guess will be the low teens.
r_towle
Gustl
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Oct 12 2008, 03:27 PM) *

... with mint original black interior, ...
[...]
A perfect example of a last-year 914 Porsche

tell me if I'm wrong, but:
non original steering wheel
non original center console
non original radio
non original shift knob
non original carpets
original door panels destroyed for ugly speakers

Click to view attachment

poke.gif Gustl
carr914
$12k

T.C.
IronHillRestorations
I'm with TC. Probably worth more on the open market than at BJ. I'm sure there's some 914 savy bidders, but probably very few.
plymouth37
Barret is really good at driving up the price of cars, my guess is 17K.
boxstr
$9500.not a BJ in LV type of car.
CCLINNORESERVE
Michael N
beer.gif $14,250.00. Drinking and spending money in Vegas.
KELTY360
$9000

10:00 AM Friday is bargain time. The money people aren't even awake and I'm not thinking there will be a lot of action as it nears $10k.
Eric_Shea
At least we're all fairly consistent on the estimates... lol3.gif
Dr. Roger
BJ = "More money than most would pay"

$22.5K
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 12 2008, 08:49 AM) *

tell me if I'm wrong, but:
non original steering wheel
non original center console
non original radio
non original shift knob
non original carpets
original door panels destroyed for ugly speakers

The console looks original, but the gauge panel in it definitely isn't.
It's hard to see in the pic above, but I think the shift knob might be OK.

The other items, yeah...

--DD
jsayre914
dry.gif 15,499.00 $$

what is the prize to the closest bid on this thread ???

there is a prize?

right??

blink.gif
johannes
Me say 14,914 $

Dr Evil
Ha! I know where that car came from. My buddy Ron sold it at the last Porsche swap here in Hershey. He got $20K for it. There are a lot of savvy buyers, but there are enough un-savvy buyers that would think this car is great (not me). There are some rich idiots that buy stuff at the swap and at BJ.
watsonrx13
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 12 2008, 07:04 PM) *

Ha! I know where that car came from. My buddy Ron sold it at the last Porsche swap here in Hershey. He got $20K for it. There are a lot of savvy buyers, but there are enough un-savvy buyers that would think this car is great (not me). There are some rich idiots that buy stuff at the swap and at BJ.

Mike, I'll check out the car and we can compare notes.... shades.gif

-- Rob
Dr Evil
Last I heard it was sold to another guy and was not going to BJ, but I guess not.
LarryR
WOW that looks like a real nice car. It would be hard to reproduce that kind of quality without spending North of 20K IMO. However, I am going to say 15 will stop it dead in its tracks.

I think the non original wheel will not really hurt it but the big ugly speakers should have been taken out and new door panels for auction purposes.

You never know at a BJ auction though some drunk dude trying to impress his wife or girlfriend and viola the thing brings twice what its worth ... shoot just to buy a bidder pass is like 1K last time we went.

URY914
$1.00

This is my Price is Right Show Case Showdown price.
I alway bet $1.00 on the showdown. biggrin.gif

jc914
My price is 16,975.00 I hope it gets over twenty to bring prices up. But with the economy it might be hard to get a high bid
Root_Werks
$24k

Hey, it's BJ. rolleyes.gif
PanelBilly
$5-8,000. I think cars will be going cheep this weekend. There might be a few exceptions for special cars that big spenders bring their money for. If you have some bucks burning a hole in your pocket and your fancy is cars, I bet Friday morning will be the day to get deals.

I wish this wasn't the case. I think this is the week people with money put it back into the market. There's just too many deals on blue chip stock to pass up.
Joe Ricard
24K for a BJ??? Damn that has got to be a real good one.

If the guy paid 20K for it then he will be pretty pissed as this is a no reserve auction.
URY914
$685,000.00
SirAndy
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Oct 12 2008, 06:27 AM) *

what do you think it's auction price will be?

$21,500.00

santa_smiley.gif Andy
Dr Evil
I talked to Ron today and says the guy is expecting at least $30K confused24.gif

I'll never understand some groups of people.
boxstr
What???
IronHillRestorations
Let's hope it pulls that much!
Gustl
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 14 2008, 09:17 PM) *

... the guy is expecting at least $30K

av-943.gif

there was a cool song from Supertramp in 1974 ...

laugh.gif Gustl
carr914
ah Supertramp, another great group

$30,000, what is that guy smoking? Not even if he paid the premium and had it going across the block in PrimeTime

and especially after Rob tapes a note on the car denoting all the things that are non-original biggrin.gif . And 76's can't be registered in Cali, right. That eliminates some of the bidders right there, unless they don't know and then it will be back up for sale.

T.C.
jc914
The guy expects 30K 134.gif if he get that much then we have to pray.gif I really think that is way to much for that car.
Dr Evil
Its rich idiot bait.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(boxstr @ Oct 14 2008, 01:34 PM) *

What???

Huh?
roadster fan
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 14 2008, 02:24 PM) *

And 76's can't be registered in Cali, right. That eliminates some of the bidders right there, unless they don't know and then it will be back up for sale.

T.C.

They can be registered but they require a smog inspection every two years. That is why some here buy earlier cars.

Jim
KevinP
My guess is 15K tops....

KP
Todd Enlund
My guess is that it will not sell.

That was going to be my guess even before I read what Dr. Evil had to say...
dw914er
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 14 2008, 01:17 PM) *

I talked to Ron today and says the guy is expecting at least $30K confused24.gif

I'll never understand some groups of people.

what? Come again? 30k for a 914-4?
orange914
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Oct 14 2008, 02:49 PM) *

QUOTE(boxstr @ Oct 14 2008, 01:34 PM) *

What???

Huh?

ehh??
carr914
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Oct 14 2008, 06:28 PM) *

It will sell. Barrett-Jackson Auctions are No-Reserve
watsonrx13
Well, we went down yesterday and picked up passes to the auction. We walked out to the display tents and immediately found the 914.... As I was looking for the car, a guy walked and asked about it. I began describing the non-original pieces... Come to find out, I was talking to the owner. After about 5 minutes, he gave me his card and walked off, I think disappointed. He said he bought it at Hersey this year and paid way too much. Several others walked up and I again described the differences. The car is nice, but ..... Before I left, everyone agreed the bidding should be between 10,000 and 15,000...

Here are the pics of the missing/non-original parts...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

-- Rob
watsonrx13
More pics..

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

-- Rob
watsonrx13
After checking out the cars in the parking lot tent, we went inside for the really nice cars.... While we were walking around, they drove this car into place right where we were standing... This made my trip...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

-- Rob
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 14 2008, 07:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Oct 14 2008, 06:28 PM) *

It will sell. Barrett-Jackson Auctions are No-Reserve

Ouch.
watsonrx13
More pics...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

More cars.... Here's 2 BMW - Vertias...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

-- Rob
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Oct 16 2008, 11:54 AM) *

After checking out the cars in the parking lot tent, we went inside for the really nice cars.... While we were walking around, they drove this car into place right where we were standing... This made my trip...

I like the F40 better. drooley.gif
byndbad914
so if you layer carpeting, does that make it plush carpeting? happy11.gif If you get twice the carpeting that has to be worth, like, an extra grand, right?!
watsonrx13
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Oct 16 2008, 02:57 PM) *

QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Oct 16 2008, 11:54 AM) *

I like the F40 better. drooley.gif

Yea, this one was cool...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

-- Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.