Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Have GT flares... but what wheels to get?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
moggy
Will be fitting some GT wings from AA soon. The question is what 5 stud wheels to fit.

I'm restricted to 6inch width due to race rules.

I want to stick with Fuchs. So what offset Fuchs do I need? I'm completely green to this so I don't know if there's a certain serial number to look for in a Fuch wheel that ='s the offset.

All help and advice greatfully received smile.gif
rfuerst911sc
When you say you'll be adding GT wings from AA do you mean fender flares? If that's what you mean I think you're going to have a hard time getting 6 inch wide wheels to look right as they will be too narrow. The Fuchs 6 inch wheels in 15 or 16 inch diameter have an offset of 23. Most guys with flares are running at least 7 inch wide wheels up front and at least 8 in the rear if not wider on both ends to " fill out " the flares. I guess you could add spacers to push out the wheels but it's still going to look funny with skinny tires.
ConeDodger
Moggy,
I suspect most around here don't understand what you mean by wings... That may explain the silence.
If your race rules limit your width to 6" and you want to stick with Fuchs you have a choice between 15" and 16". I would go with the 16" as they offer more tire (or I guess in this case tyre) choices.
I fit 16X6 SC or Carrera wheels on my narrow body without pulling fenders or rolling the lip. These are found on the '79 - '89 911. I have 205 50X16 tires on there now. No rubbing occurs without modification.
With your flared "wings" you can go much much wider. I have heard of 11" wheels and seen 9" in the rear. I have seen 8" front but it seems to me that 7" would help with steering effort. You will need spacers to move the 6' wheels outward for the flared "wing".

I think there is a part# chart for Fuch wheels on Pelican Parts forum...

Good luck and no... There is now chance the US will be rejoining the UK biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.