Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Noises in the front suspension or somewhere on full turns...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
naro914
I have no idea how i'm going to describe what we're experiencing so I'll do my best...

Our 914 - Huey - is making weird noises in the front suspension/wheel area. When you go slow and make a hard turn, like into a parking space, into a driveway, etc, there are a few popping sounds and some strange moaning/whining/resonanting sound that comes out of somwhere in the front as it's moving. Our brakes squeal bad as it is (not sure why, but that's another story) but boy is it noisy now when you come to a slow turn (maybe it happens when going fast too but the engine is too loud for me to hear it).

We have 911 Carrera suspension with 5 lug wheels, 993 rear calipers as front brakes, Weltmeister sway bar. This is exactly the same set up that has been on it for 2 years, but after rebuilding it from the Targa crash, something is not right.

and yes, we replaced the main suspension parts - kept the calipers and wheel hubs.

Again, really hard to describe the problem...you have to hear it. John Forbes spent a couple days with it and couldn't find anything wrong. Everything is tight and in good shape.

Any ideas? Ball joints maybe?
ericread
As for the brake squeal, I placed the Weltmeister anti-squeal liners to the inside of my brake pads and the squealing went away.

Here's a link to the product:

http://www.automotion.com/ProductPage.aspx?pid=100747

Other than that, it sounds like your bushings are noisy. Do a search on this site for suspension buhings, and you should pick up a ton of information.

Eric Read

wavey.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.