Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who is at fault....?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
One spouse pulls a car out of the garage, stops just outside and puts down a "box of stuff".......then runs inside the house to get something.....

The other spouse gets in the other car does not look behind the car before starting up. Entry by this spouse to the garage is from the inside the house not outside the garage door, and backs out squashing the "box of stuff".....

Who is at fault?

I will tell you who "I" was later.....
914ghost
Its your fault no matter what. wink.gif
rhodyguy
i thought you were changing and going to work on the car. the person who placed the stuff behind the car is at fault.

kevin
Slowpoke
you!
Aaron Cox
both of your faults. what moron sets a box behind a car? and what moron doest look while backing? laugh.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(acox914 @ Feb 8 2004, 10:29 AM)
both of your faults. what moron sets a box behind a car? and what moron doest look while backing? laugh.gif

agree.gif
Both are at fault.
garyh
Under California law, the husband is always at fault.

I've seen it happen where it wasn't a box of stuff that got run over, it was a Ford F-150.

Your "box of stuff" is going to join my NOS rain tray and fibreglass rocker covers...
Joe Bob
OK....I guees I'm the a$$hole.....but what if you factor in the fact that this is first time "I" put something behind the SUV and my lovely spouse has backed over other (fourtunately) inanimate objects in the past?

Another car and a suitcase for example.....

BTW, MY box of stuff contained liquid polishing compound, wax and touch up paint....the polishing compound was the only thing that got run over and it squirted all over my freshly waxed and polished car....not to mention white compund on my BLACK convertible top..... just glad the paint didn't get crushed.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Feb 8 2004, 11:32 AM)
QUOTE(acox914 @ Feb 8 2004, 10:29 AM)
both of your faults. what moron sets a box behind a car? and what moron doest look while backing?  :lol:

agree.gif
Both are at fault.

agree.gif
YessirreeeeBob

.......b (sorry laugh.gif )
J P Stein
Forget it, you can't win....it's your fault....30 odd(some might say very odd wacko.gif ) years of marriage has taught me this.
Aaron Cox
or, mikey's wife is really pissed at him, and put his parts on the driveway, AND backed over them too! laugh.gif
Porsche Rescue
I have often considered the inherent dangers because many of us no longer lift garage doors by hand from either inside or out. We really never see what is in the driveway behind us, especially if it is low to the ground. Push the button, get in , start the car and hit reverse, oops!
anthony
Yeah, my sister used that technique to crash into her other car. smile.gif So far she the only person I know to crash her own cars together.
Brad Roberts
That is damn funny Anthony. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

B
scottb
my wife backed out of our driveway at our previous house at the same time the neighbor was backing out of theirs. they met in the middle of the road. neither looked back!!!! Yack.gif

my full size bronco went away without a scratch. the minivan, was another issue.....

nobody at fault for that one per the cops.

feel free to start the female driver flames now........
anthony
Why is it that women seem to have more slow speed accidents? They are usually much safer drivers once on the road. I guess that's where the testosterone and egos take over.
DNHunt
When I was 18 I backed my mom's 66 Mustang out of the gagage into my dad's 68 GTO on the driveway. Not a good day

Dave
mikester
Well, you said she's run over hard to see things before after you set them there?

Stop setting her up for it.

What car was she in?
markb
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Feb 8 2004, 01:04 PM)
When I was 18 I backed my mom's 66 Mustang out of the gagage into my dad's 68 GTO on the driveway. Not a good day

Dave

You're VERY lucky to still be among the living. laugh.gif
ArtechnikA
well - if i lived in an environment with small children and their propensity for leaving 'stuff' (and themselves) in the driveway, i think i'd -always- look behind the car before starting out.

"whoever" probably shouldn't have put the stuff there (important information you did not disclose: was the engine running ?) but the stuff being there is only a potential problem.

kids, dogs, and 'stuff' gets squashed all the time with tragic results because people a-s-s-u-m-e their path is clear without looking. ya can't assume.

i've heard that the yellow chocks utility trucks carry are -not- to keep the vehicle from rolling - they're required to be used to MAKE DAMNED SURE the driver has inspected the area behind the truck before moving off.

i'm glad the 'stuff' wasn't a child...
rick 918-S
Just apoligize now and cut your personal torment chair.gif to two days instead of four. Face it, guys never win these little contests. Not really.... confused24.gif
Engman
You're screwed! I agree - cut your torment - admit fault (even though it was not you) or continue to be in the doghouse - hell you will be in it anyways but this way you can cut the time.

M
mike_the_man
Funny story, a couple of years ago I had two roommates. We'll call them roommate A and roommate B.

Roommate A drove a '95 Cavelier, roommate B drove a '77 Impala (huge!) Roommate A asks roommate B to move his car, because B is parked behind him. B says "Sure, just give me a minute."

A says "Ok", then goes out, gets into his car, and backs into roommate B's Impala! A freakin' Impala, not a small car, not like it was hiding! Needless to say, the Impala was the winner in that particular encounter.

I just shook my head.

Moral of the story: Don't put anything behind a car that you don't want run over, including an Impala.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.