Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bounty - Driver's side sun visor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
I need your help.

I am looking for a NEW driver's side sun visor. I know they are hard to find and I will probably have to bootyshake.gif bend over on the price.

Please don't e-mail me and say you have a really nice pair of near mint visors for sale.

Looking for NEW or NOS, with price and availability

Thanks!
Brad Roberts
I have some really nice ones with only slight imperfections and NO visor cover. The glass is cracked also. 125$ plus shipping. Or I throw them on Ebay tomorrow..

b
Gint
I have a really nice pair of near mint visors.

And they're not for sale! laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
Karl wont even acknowledge us... laugh.gif

B
Porsche Rescue
I just listed a pair of really nice early (no mirror) visors on Ebay. Correct for a six too. Won't meet Karl's needs but may as well sneak in an ad!
rhodyguy
i have some pretty nice spares too. intact flap cover for the unbroken mirrior and the paper pocket for the dr side. thanks for the # brad. you always get what you don't want karl. i need to sell some stuff and get some REAL money for the crap instead of "kevin's discount 914 parts".

kevin
Brad Roberts
Kevin, here is how it works: Find new price on product from Porsche (they list everything and just show it NLA) and cut that in half for a used part then adjust to market. Most people dont know that a damn fuel tank for a 914 runs something like 600$ new. When we ask 300$ for one we are looked at like we have two heads. I have to educate these people on what NEW parts cost and what you *should* be able to get for a used part.

B
Qarl
DRIVER"S SIDE!

Map pocket only (no mirror).

I already have a new passenger side.
rhodyguy
brad, i know HOW it's supposed to work. i tell you, i've seen guys justify prices by turning to an aa catalog for parts prices. either i'm too stupid, kind, or impatient, or a bit of all. you guys really 300 clams for a tank? is that refurbished? it's nice to have you around brad.

kevin
Brad Roberts
90% of the swap meet people I have met "that have NO price knowledge" carry a AA catalog or even a PeformanceProd/Automotion cat.

Its tough. You want to be fair, but you also dont want to take a bath on something you have that nobody else has.

We look everything up in the factory Porsche price list (last years version) you have to start somewhere.

B
steve@ottosvenice.com
How about this pair. Steve
Pnambic
Karl, if you can find someone that has a visor that will meet your strict requirements on my route from Central Indiana to Orlando, I'll drive it down for ya. Time for a vacation and my little guys wanna go to Disney World. I'll be in Orlando by Saturday evening.

Brad delivers rust free rollers; I do visors. Gotta start somewhere, right? laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.