Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Lake Havasu- Water Skiing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kart54
I haven't been to Lake Havasu in over 20 years but the kids have fall break coming up and I thought we (wife, 2kids and dog) might go to Havasu to ski. Don't feel like camping so I'm looking for a place on the lake where we can have our boat out front but still have a hotel room.

Definitely NOT looking for Copper Canyon/Spring Break deal.. just a little time with the family on the lake. The wife is definitely more Ritz Carlton than Motel 6 if you know what I mean.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Kart54
monkeyboy
Down in parker is the Blue Water resort (I think that's the name). They are really the only ones I know with a dock attached that isn't in the middle of the party.

Oct is real late in the season, but London Bridge resort has docks too. During the summer, they are in the middle of the party zone though.

I have only been to Havasu a few times. I am sure we have some more experts here.
klink
Last few times we went to the River we stayed at Blue Water on the Parker Strip. Really nice dock facilities. Last time we were there was 8 or 9 years ago. We used to have a place on the Strip and we just like it better than the Lake. It is different though. It is narrow in places and there is always the current to deal with. Doesn't get the afternoon whitecaps that are so treacherous to a 19 foot jet boat with limited freeboard. It should be gorgeous out there now. This was our favorite time of year...after the crazies have gone. I never stayed at the Nautical Inn on Havasu but people I have talked to spoke well of it. It looks nice from the outside. Have fun!!!
martman
Well I have a house out there and this is the best time of the season by far. A great place to stay is at the Nautical Inn. They have beaches and some docks a great bar and food place there also. I the channel there is a dog park were you can beach your boat and go the the large dog park. We take our great dane there all the time. Plenty of of very good food places to eat at. If you are interested in Italian the best place we go to is called Agelina's on W Acoma on the weekends you might need to mke reservations. Need more info email me.

Marty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.