Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: first 914, really excited...slightly terrified
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jerry75914
Hello everyone!

I've wanted a 914 ever since it was explained to me how much fun they are to play with...driving and interchanging parts from other models. I finally found one that looked good, so I am in!

I've been visiting this site for a long time, and I can say you guys have a really great site. Everyone seems very cool, very helpful and very into their cars. I look forwrd to asking a million lame questions, so bear with me. I'm an amateur wrench spinner at best

I've already had the pleasure of speaking with Mr. Shea ( rotors are on the way via UPS). Can't wait to get out on the road...my short trip to the gas station with almost no braking was not really all that fun, but memorable! Soooo glad I trailered it home
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif piratenanner.gif welcome.png
Jerry75914
Click to view attachmentThanks! Here's a pic:

zonedoubt
welcome.png

Nice '75!
naro914
Congratulations!!

You have now begun a journey that will consume your entire life, all your free time, and any nickel and dime you can scrounge up!! Not that you NEED to do all that, these cars are great and amazingly resilient. But....you'll read something on this site, then walk out into your garage and say "that would be cool!" and off you go!

We started with a simple, 1974 2.0 back in 1993. Fully stock (which had we kept it that way would be worth a fortune now, but oh well). Anyone that has seen Papa Smurf knows it is far from stock now...

Then came Huey,...

then came the black race car....

then came the red 1.7 that we just sold....

then.... smile.gif (see what I mean?)

Oh, and you'll find this urge to name your car. I have no idea why, but i know more people naming their 914's than any other car.

So Welcome!! You will love that little car!!!
jmill
welcome.png

You'll also find out that one just isn't enough. piratenanner.gif
dlee6204
welcome.png
Jerry75914
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I believe everything you have said so far...I have already waaaay overspent the "budget" I was going to give myself every month...but I just have to get her on the road...and no kidding, I can't start one small project without finding three more, and it only makes sense to do a couple more if I'm going to the trouble to do the first one...wait...what was I doing again? confused24.gif

I know I will love it though...and Bob, she already has a name, Precious...like Gollum and that damn ring...I"ll NEVER LET HER GO!!! aktion035.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Jerry75914 @ Oct 13 2008, 11:17 PM) *

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I believe everything you have said so far...I have already waaaay overspent the "budget" I was going to give myself every month...but I just have to get her on the road...and no kidding, I can't start one small project without finding three more, and it only makes sense to do a couple more if I'm going to the trouble to do the first one...wait...what was I doing again? confused24.gif

I know I will love it though...and Bob, she already has a name, Precious...like Gollum and that damn ring...I"ll NEVER LET HER GO!!! aktion035.gif

Ah.. Dirk Wright's Disease claims another victim.....

welcome.png

And with all the belts you have on the wall, nothing should scare you!
StratPlayer
welcome.png Nice car and nice garage...
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Oct 13 2008, 11:30 PM) *

welcome.png Nice car and nice garage...

Yea, but it is way to clean to have a 914 in it. It will soon have a big oil spot in the middle.
Jerry75914
thanks Clay! tell you what, someone trying to clobber me in the face is much less frightening than rusty longs and rotted out jack points...which I have. Always was interested in welding welder.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Jerry75914 @ Oct 13 2008, 11:31 PM) *

thanks Clay! tell you what, someone trying to clobber me in the face is much less frightening than rusty longs and rotted out jack points...which I have. Always was interested in welding welder.gif

If there is any rust you will learn all about welding. But from the pictures, you have a really nice car.

Fix the brakes and DRIVE!!! driving.gif
SGB
"Precious"
Look out. Man you're gonna be in trouble with the SO. This sounds like a serious relationship. smile.gif
Looks like a great car though. Give 'er a kiss for us.
markb
welcome.png

It's a slippery slope. smile.gif Hope you have room for the requisite parts car, and lots of time & $$. You're gonna need it. biggrin.gif
Mikey914
It's not so bad. This forum will help you save some cash on parts and there are plenty of people that have done just about everything you can think of, so information is pretty easy to obtain. The first step in the right direction is you actually have a budget. Just remember to save some for the beer.
jsayre914
So is your car parked in your garage or in your dojo. (pretty cool) smile.gif aktion035.gif
Root_Werks
welcome.png

Nice 914! Keep it running and enjoy driving it. driving.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Jerry75914 @ Oct 13 2008, 09:17 PM) *

Good name.....but remember, when you slip into the driver's seat you'll become invisible to trucks, SUVs and all other types of vehicles.....except ricers who want to drag race so they can flex their fart cans....ignore them. happy11.gif

When you get out of the car at gas stations you become visible again and lots of people will want to ask about your car. biggrin.gif

welcome.png
jc914
welcome.png dancinnanner.gif
bbrown
Nice collection of belts. Which leads to a spare for the 914 and cables and....

When was the last time this car was driven regulary, for 914 anyway? May want to change the filters and brake fluid.
So.Cal.914
The worm has definitely for you, every other vechicle your forced to drive will now be gauged the gocart like handling of your teener. You will find your DD a bitter pill to swallow but it makes those times when you crouch down and slip into your 914, your VDO's looking back, the vibration of the engine massaging your posterior. Naaah I don't love em.

Welcome to the Jungle.Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.