Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Killing time at work...so I updated the VIN registry
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
Thanks to my uncle needing a rear wiper arm for his 964, it drew me to the Parts Heaven website and their "Wrecks of the Month" pages. Found about 10 914's on their various pages and added them to the list since Parts Heaven is nice enough to include VIN's in their descriptions...

got my hopes up on one since it looked like the VIN was within the LE range, but alas, a missed "1" put it right back with the "normies"

10 more accounted for smilie_pokal.gif
johannes
Great job done ! ...

. . .

. . .
bembry
Once again, I look at a bunch of parts cars, and at least half appear to be nicer than my own 914!!! Jeez. . .
WTF.gif

Cool website though!
biosurfer1
I have only ordered from Parts Heaven twice but both times the items got here very quick and they were nice on the phone...cant ask for much more than that.
bembry
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Oct 14 2008, 12:50 PM) *

I have only ordered from Parts Heaven twice but both times the items got here very quick and they were nice on the phone...cant ask for much more than that.

God deal--I've got 'em saved to my favorites now for future use--Thanks! aktion035.gif
naro914
stupid question but....
Where do you go to update the VIN registry?
I know of a few that are not on it...
736conver
QUOTE(naro914 @ Oct 14 2008, 05:29 PM) *

stupid question but....

Top of the page. 914info

http://www.914world.com/specs/914info.php
r_towle
Damn good thing I dont live close to that place....geez

Looks like they are buying real cars to part out...wow

Rich
JeffBowlsby
Parts Heaven actually parted a Bumblebee a couple years ago, even listed it on their website. VIN 4742914724. Drat, I did not find about about it until it was too late.

The BB at EASYs, nearby in Emeryville, may still be available if some one wants it. Still had the original engine last I knew.
naro914
QUOTE(736conver @ Oct 14 2008, 06:43 PM) *

QUOTE(naro914 @ Oct 14 2008, 05:29 PM) *

stupid question but....

Top of the page. 914info

http://www.914world.com/specs/914info.php

Cool, thanks. I guess I knew that already since I had entered Papa Smurf. Huey is now in the database.... got 2 more when I remember to get the VIN's at work, and I have 2 VIN plates from dead cars....

davep
Many thanks for the additions Brett & Bob.
All little bits of data come in useful to my research.
klikkid3
Is the link partsheaven.com? I cannot get that link to work.
naro914
QUOTE(davep @ Oct 15 2008, 12:04 AM) *

Many thanks for the additions Brett & Bob.
All little bits of data come in useful to my research.

How does one go about entering info on a car they do not own? All I see is how to enter my own VIN's
biosurfer1
just put in the info as your own...I think what Andy meant was "own" as in the ones you have put the info in for...not "own" as in actually own the car.
naro914
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Oct 15 2008, 01:56 PM) *

just put in the info as your own...I think what Andy meant was "own" as in the ones you have put the info in for...not "own" as in actually own the car.

Ah, I see. No problem.
If I could get a hold of the box that John Forbes has, I could probably post about 20 of them as rusted, crushed,, wrecked. etc. He has a box of VIN plates from some old cars that were parts or donor cars from the past 30 years....
SirAndy
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Oct 15 2008, 09:56 AM) *

Yes, that term is meant to be used "losely" biggrin.gif

Btw. i can "unown" those VINs for you if you like. Just let me know ...

Thanks for adding them!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.