Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fan to J tube paper heater hose
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IronHillRestorations
I did a little research at my local NAPA store, and found a 60 mm x 1000mm, black, paper/foil/paper, hose that's very close to OEM. NAPA part number is 813-1374 "Carburator Preheater Hose". $8 and change. They don't have one long enough to go from the fan to the passenger side, but it's not too hard to connect two together. $25 for three is probably cheaper than most vendors sell one for.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(9146986 @ Oct 14 2008, 03:33 PM) *

I did a little research at my local NAPA store, and found a 60 mm x 1000mm, black, paper/foil/paper, hose that's very close to OEM. NAPA part number is 813-1374 "Carburator Preheater Hose". $8 and change. They don't have one long enough to go from the fan to the passenger side, but it's not too hard to connect two together. $25 for three is probably cheaper than most vendors sell one for.

Thanks for the info. It is nice to save a little and to also find things locally. aktion035.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(9146986 @ Oct 14 2008, 01:33 PM) *

"Very close to OEM"? How can paper/foil be very close to plastic in look? The Cap'n
gary gartner

I have found perfect replacements at the local Bug Shop.
Passenger side to fan need to be joined, but Inside diameter is perfect.

Gary beerchug.gif
IronHillRestorations
Sorry Cap'n, I meant to say it looks like the 914-6/911 black paper hose.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.