Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Who's going to Pomona on Sunday?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
Anyone down? I know I am!
Carlitos Way
I might be there.
Cap'n Krusty
What, "The Den of Thieves"? I haven't gone there in 20 years because there was just too much stuff of questionable origin. The LA County SD thought the same thing. Besides, word I've heard is there's little VW stuff any more, and even less Porsche stuff.

The Cap'n
Carlitos Way
Cap'n is right.

Last few times I went... the VW/Porsche stuff was definitely LOW... Very few vendors and very high prices. Some "not so reputable" manufacturers and merchandisers were there.

However, I'm just going to tag along with a friend to help him look at some off-road VW stuff... so it's not a big deal for me.

C:>
RiqueMar
I completely agree that there is not nearly enough Porsche/VW stuff as there is others, but hey, I'm always looking for that one little thing, you know?
klikkid3
I went a couple of sundays ago and I was 1 of 2 914s, which was pretty cool, people were asking me to sell everytime I came back to check on the car. So if I was selling, the 25$ admission would be worth it but if your seeking that one liittle part I agree thats the place to be.
Cap'n Krusty
For that "one little part", you're much better off at a dedicated Porsche swap meet, such as GAF, the winter one in Costa Mesa, or the one in Riverside (the one that's been postponed). Parts Heaven in Hayward is always nice, too. The Cap'n
7TPorsh
Don't know why they call it a porsche swap...never see more than a handful. But vettes, lowriders, muscle? lots of that.
One lady at the far end of one of the rows in the VW section sells lug nuts, bolts, wheel centers at really good prices. biggrin.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Oct 15 2008, 09:39 AM) *

Don't know why they call it a porsche swap...never see more than a handful. But vettes, lowriders, muscle? lots of that.
One lady at the far end of one of the rows in the VW section sells lug nuts, bolts, wheel centers at really good prices. biggrin.gif

Until the Chargers go on at 10? I got nothing else to do!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.