Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 2.0 ECU
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
t2avlis
I am trying to get my 73 2.0 with EFI running. I figured out that I am not getting any power from the ECU to the fuel pump relay. Is there a way to test the ECU? Which pin is the power feed to the ECU? Does anyone in the USA fix these and if so is it a common part that goes out? Is is sometime that a guy with a soder gun could replace?

Thanks for the help.

Tony
Modesto
orange914
QUOTE(t2avlis @ Oct 14 2008, 10:00 PM) *

I am trying to get my 73 2.0 with EFI running. I figured out that I am not getting any power from the ECU to the fuel pump relay. Is there a way to test the ECU? Which pin is the power feed to the ECU? Does anyone in the USA fix these and if so is it a common part that goes out? Is is sometime that a guy with a soder gun could replace?

Thanks for the help.

Tony
Modesto

tony welcome.png

i've got a good 73 ecu, i'm not sure i want to sell it, but your welcome to hook it up to confirm your diag. strange enough i live in ceres, come on by and talk 914's anytime.

537 3749
mike
Root_Werks
Cool, I would take him up on that offer! I had a 914 years ago that double fired injectors 1&3 I think. I finally found a guy with a good 2.0 brain and we tested that way. Quick and easy.
Cap'n Krusty
ECU failures are VERY rare. The Cap'n
914Sixer
35 yr old wiring harness are prone to be toasted. High joints under the sheath are not uncommon. Check continutiy of each wire in the harness.
Dave_Darling
Brad Anders has some troubleshooting flowcharts for the fuel pump control system on his D-jet website:
http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders

--DD
swl
Is there something specific that makesyou suspect the ECU? ECU failures are pretty much the lowest probablity for fuel pump problems. All it is doing is closing a switch to ground. The two relays and fuse are the prime suspects. Wiring harness next on the list. Search on fuel pump - lots of good threads there.

Quick check to tell if the ecu is the problem. Remove the 4 pin connector on the back left of the relay board. Jump pin 3 to ground. Turn the key on. If the pump runs then your ecu or the harness to it is suspect. If it doesn't run then look on the relay board for problems.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.