Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Loud Bang and this is what I found
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Monday night in Palm Desert, watching TV and outside a loud bang,thud,crunch.
I go outside and see two headlites sideways. After I get there, a girl in her PJs is standing in the car. All of the windows are up and the doors are locked.
Opened the door finally after she was able to unlock it.
She takes off, and runs up the street. Returns later after the Police and Fire Dept and Paramedics arrive, with her boyfirend, who is going ballistic when he see's the car.
Police stop by my house at midnight to get a report. Apparently she blew 3Xs the alcohol legal limit. Costly evening for this young lady.
CCLINSUNNYSAMP
messix
looks like she fell asleep and hit the hydrant and that put it on it's side.
boxstr
Actually she was turning onto the street that the car is lying sideways on and hit the hydrant and mailbox. Missed the apex.
CCLINSUNNYCAMP
biosurfer1
very very expensive night I would assume...they going to get her with leaving the scene of an accident I suppose
byndbad914
3x legal limit is 0.24! I am surprised she could even stand up - that is completely wasted.

Simple enough fix; the police should put a bullet in her head and take 2 aspirin for their headache. 0.24... fricken unreal how worthless some people are.
Todd Enlund
I've been told (by a cop) that leaving the scene is a lesser offense than DUI. But then she came back... confused24.gif
biosurfer1
if I was that boyfriend and my girlfriend came to my door wasted telling me she got in a car accident and left the scene... I would have no girlfriend after that.
dw914er
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Oct 15 2008, 12:57 PM) *

if I was that boyfriend and my girlfriend came to my door wasted telling me she got in a car accident and left the scene... I would have no girlfriend after that.

she will also be completely broke

never drink and drive headbang.gif

and never let a woman drive your car laugh.gif
Ferg
was she cute biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE(boxstr @ Oct 15 2008, 11:55 AM) *

Actually she was turning onto the street that the car is lying sideways on and hit the hydrant and mailbox. Missed the apex.
CCLINSUNNYCAMP

The apex, it's all about the apex. driving.gif drunk.gif
Jake Raby
Lock her up and throw away the key.
Eric_Shea
Thank you Ferg for beating me to another (painted toenails... my reply fingers were itching) and asking the only relevant question in this thread. biggrin.gif

So... was she hot? What kind of pajamas? w00t.gif
jhadler
We had something like this happen a couple weeks ago. Around midnight, we were just getting ready to go to sleep when we heard this tremendously loud *crash* outside. Had no idea what it was at first, we ran out onto the deck to see our neighbor chasing some truck that was backing up the hill (no outlet). Then a couple of other folks come out as well. Our neighbor was still up the street, and we noticed that the front end of his truck was crushed, and the truck itself had been pushed into their neighbors truck, which in turn was pushed into yet another truck. My wife calls dispatch to report the hit and run. And it turns out the Sheriffs are busy with a major accident elsewhere... Our neigbor meanwhile is trying to get this guy to stop, and in turn nearly gets run down for it. Then we hear the guy driving back down the hill. We figure he's making a run for it, and we try to get a plate (but it's too dark). The front of this truck was seriously damaged, and was already sounding pretty bad as he drove down the road, and out of sight...

We gave dispatch as good a description as we could, but figure the guy's gone. Didn't recognize him when he drove by. Then... 5 minutes later, we heard him coming back! The truck sounding worse than ever. He comes back, drives right by the three other vehicles he damaged, and proceeds to drive back up the same road he came down (WTF?). So a couple of the guys go up after him. Guy was so loaded that he could barely stand, and yet apparently, when he realized that his car was toast, he went HOME and tried to get into another car!!! One of my neighbors took the dudes keys, and the guy runs into his house and locks himself in. Sheriffs (three vehicles, five deputies) finally show up 20 minutes later to find the guy locked in his own house and refusing to allow them in.

When all was said and done, the warrant was issued like 2 hours later while he barricaded himself in, and then he finally gives himself up a many hours later. The kicker? It wasn't even his truck, he was renting, and it was his house mate's truck. Dude is in a wold of hurt forever now...

Thankfully, no one was injured, not even the piss-drunk SOB...

Quite a lot of excitement for a sleepy little mountain town...

-Josh2
jd74914
We once heard a loud bang outside. It was about 1am, snowing really hard, and I had just gotten home from a friend's house. My brother and I went out and saw a car on its side with 6 guys pushing it right-side up.

Previous to this our fence had a 1-1/2" 3/8" wall cast iron pipe at the bottom of it railing down to the road. They hit that post, bent it over, rolled the car over and somehow righted it then drove away. It was quite an interesting sight.

The best part was that there was a ton of oil on the ground; somehow I don't think that car made it too far. laugh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(boxstr @ Oct 15 2008, 10:48 AM) *

a girl in her PJs is standing in the car.

QUOTE(messix @ Oct 15 2008, 10:53 AM) *

At least she was dressed for the occasion ...
rolleyes.gif Andy
stepuptotheMike
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Oct 15 2008, 06:29 PM) *

We once heard a loud bang outside. It was about 1am, snowing really hard, and I had just gotten home from a friend's house. My brother and I went out and saw

Up until this point I thought this was the night before christmas. drunk.gif

Mike
boxstr
No Mike she wasn't all that attractive, and her PJs were your regular long flannel pants and fuzzy slippers.

It was son funny, here she is standing in the car, which is sitting sideways. And she is yelling at me not to call the cops.

Drinking and driving, yeah thats real smart.
CCLINJOINAA
HCRDAN
She may not get hit with the DUI.

My wife had an accident once right around the corner from our house, was not feeling well, momentarily passed out and hit a smallish tree. Someone saw the accident, got her out of the car and drove her the last 1/2 mile home. Within minutes, as she is in tears explaining what happened to me, there was a knock on the door. Local deputy asking about the accident, having traced the plates on the car. I invited him in and we explained what happened and he, in no uncertain language explained that she better get back to the accident scene before she gets charged with leaving the scene (no other car involved). Long story short, he calmed down considerably when she returned to the scene and they could tell there was no alcohol involved.

As I waited for the tow truck to take the car away, the cop explained that what pissed them off the most is that when someone who is DUI/DWI and leaves the scene, even though they know the person was DUI, they cant charge them with that offense because the person can say they were not drunk and the time, but were so upset they went to the nearest bar, home, etc and downed several drinks, so yes, they may be over limit now, but not then.

So.Cal.914
She may not get hit with the DUI

The California courts don't have a sense of humor that I know of, and 'O' tolerance
for DWI, distruction of private and city property. She was fortunate that she did not kill someone or drive into Craig's livingroom. By the way welcome back, the weather has been great lately.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(HCRDAN @ Oct 15 2008, 11:30 PM) *

As I waited for the tow truck to take the car away, the cop explained that what pissed them off the most is that when someone who is DUI/DWI and leaves the scene, even though they know the person was DUI, they cant charge them with that offense because the person can say they were not drunk and the time, but were so upset they went to the nearest bar, home, etc and downed several drinks, so yes, they may be over limit now, but not then.

I had a friend in San Jose that found out he was loosing his job. On the way home, he got rear ended slightly. No real damage and they exchanged info. He went home and got drunk (upset about loosing his job). The next morning (or quite awhile later don't remember) the police showed up. He admitted he was currently drunk but not when he was in the accident. The other person had had another accident after his accident (maybe intentional) and claimed all the damage was caused by my friend. He was in very serious trouble. He could not prove he was not drunk at the time of the accident. Sounds wrong and I do not know how it all ended but I remember he was facing serious consequences.
AgPete139
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 15 2008, 07:55 PM) *

QUOTE(boxstr @ Oct 15 2008, 10:48 AM) *

a girl in her PJs is standing in the car.

QUOTE(messix @ Oct 15 2008, 10:53 AM) *

At least she was dressed for the occasion ...
rolleyes.gif Andy

LOL. Funny & quick. yellowsleep[1].gif

QUOTE(stepuptotheMike @ Oct 15 2008, 08:52 PM) *

QUOTE(jd74914 @ Oct 15 2008, 06:29 PM) *

We once heard a loud bang outside. It was about 1am, snowing really hard, and I had just gotten home from a friend's house. My brother and I went out and saw

Up until this point I thought this was the night before christmas. drunk.gif

Mike

...And what to my wandering eyes should appear, but a Lexus parked sideways with 8 bottles of beer...

QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Oct 16 2008, 12:50 PM) *

I had a friend in San Jose that found out he was loosing his job. On the way home, he got rear ended slightly. No real damage and they exchanged info. He went home and got drunk (upset about loosing his job). The next morning (or quite awhile later don't remember) the police showed up. He admitted he was currently drunk but not when he was in the accident. The other person had had another accident after his accident (maybe intentional) and claimed all the damage was caused by my friend. He was in very serious trouble. He could not prove he was not drunk at the time of the accident. Sounds wrong and I do not know how it all ended but I remember he was facing serious consequences.

That sucks balls. I hate bad drivers like that guy...

Pete
jd74914
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Oct 16 2008, 12:50 PM) *

That sucks. That's why you should always fill out a police report immediately. Its the only thing that can save you ass in those occasions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.