Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stock Front Sway Bar Bushing ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AvalonFal
Is this the way the rubber bushing attaches to the stock front sway bar, that is, attached around the bar from the fuel tank bay and through the fender well hole into the trianglular bracket? Any help appreciated??

Paul

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Ahhhhhhhhh... no. biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Sorry... more details. That entire rubber bushing goes uner the cap on the outside of the trunk/tank area (in the fender well).
rjames
QUOTE(AvalonFal @ Oct 15 2008, 01:47 PM) *

Is this the way the rubber bushing attaches to the stock front sway bar, that is, attached around the bar from the fuel tank bay and through the fender well hole into the trianglular bracket? Any help appreciated??

Paul

Click to view attachment

Edited: Eric beat me to the post. biggrin.gif

BTW, I would strongly recommend adding the inner support plate and would weld it in. The pick below is a test fit before welding.

Click to view attachment
AvalonFal
Thanks to both of you. It didn't seem right to me either, that's why the question. I'm gonna go for the support plates, I guess the Engman plates are the way to go??

Paul
Eric_Shea
I guess the Engman plates are the way to go??

Yupper... you have a disaster waiting to happen there. Good thing you dug in to that. What are you doing with your tank out?

Oh... be CAREFUL welding it in. Make sure that loom is protected.
AvalonFal
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 15 2008, 08:20 PM) *

I guess the Engman plates are the way to go??

Yupper... you have a disaster waiting to happen there. Good thing you dug in to that. What are you doing with your tank out

Fresh air fan wasn't working (bad brushes) and wipers only sometime (broken wires at the connections), so the tank came out. Found the sway bar problem and this hose on the fuel tank outlets that I posted before.
Paul
Click to view attachment
rjames
yikes. If that's what the previous owner did, I'd be going through every inch of this car to see what else was done incorrectly!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.