Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sound system subwoofer new speakers radio
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jc914
My main question is. Is it necessary to upgrade the fuse box to a new one like http://www.engmanparts.com/fusepanel.php. I now one positive thing is the bass will not make the fuses's fall down. Is there any other benefit to putting in the new fuse box ???? and what the best place to put the amp.????

This is what i have ordered and going to order for my sound system.

radio
Sony CDX-GT820IP
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Ite...lod&tp=5684

Amplifier
Profile AP1040
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_489AP1040/Pro...file&tp=115

Speaker
Pioneer TS-A1682R
http://www.crutchfield.com/app/product/ite...h=4-way+pioneer

Subwoofer
Kicker CompVT 08CVT84
Shallow 8" subwoofer
http://www.crutchfield.com/app/product/ite...search=kicker+8

Morphenspectra Subwoofer Box and speaker grills
going to order these when i get the speakers in so he can cut out the correct mounting hole.

Now its time to go around the house to list more things to be sold on ebay its my new fundraiser for my 914.....
toddb67
I wouldn't upgrade your fuse box. The only thing you should power through the stock fuse box is the head unit. The amp should be on its own seperate circuit. The head unit will tell it to turn on and off. I'd mount the amp in a nice dry spot in the front trunk and somehow run your wires into the car. I'd run the positive cable straight to the battery with an inline fuse. I'd ground the amp in the same place as the head unit to prevent a ground loop. That one 8" sub shouldn't rattle your car that much.
jc914
Thanks Toddb67. I was thinking of doing what you said already best place for the amp would be upfront. it just how to get the power cable tunez.gif up there.
RoadGlue
QUOTE(jc914 @ Oct 16 2008, 11:58 AM) *

Thanks Toddb67. I was thinking of doing what you said already best place for the amp would be upfront. it just how to get the power cable tunez.gif up there.

You're going to have to get creative. Use a high quality 8 or 10 gauge wire (available at any car audio shop) and make sure you use an inline fuse or circuit breaker within 18" of the battery. Both those items are also available at your local car audio shop (or crutchfield).

Getting the power from the battery to the front is where you'll need to be creative. I recommend running it along the passenger side long (underneath the rocker), but you could drill a hole and run it through the center tunnel or passenger compartment. Just remember to use a grommet whenever you run the power cable through a drilled hole.

How do you plan on using the amp? It's has four channels, so I assume you're going to run two of the channels to your components and then bridge the last two channels to one channel for your sub. Right? Looks like it has a built in crossover, so you should be in business. Oh good, you purchased a 4 ohm sub too (which is correct for this application).

Have fun!
jc914
Thanks road Glue I Have installed sound systems before I total agree with you I am going to use an 8 gauge power cables with the inline fuse. As to running the cable i am still debating on which way to go. On A/A website they have an install guide and they say to go through the tunnel . I think the easiest way might If I am going to put it in the front trunk and going to run it along the passenger side long (underneath the rocker) then since i have an AC unit i can just slip it right in to the front.

As to the Amp you are correct on how i am going to use it and the radio has a sub pre-amp with controls so i can adjust the sub from the unit.
thanks

By the way i did not buy at crutchfield they are so expensive i went the amazon way and saved a total of about $175.
jc914
I Just ordered my Subwoofer Box and speaker grills from Morphenspectra.

I cannot not wait to get them
biggrin.gif mueba.gif
Cevan
QUOTE(jc914 @ Oct 22 2008, 08:16 PM) *

I Just ordered my Subwoofer Box and speaker grills from Morphenspectra.

I cannot not wait to get them
biggrin.gif mueba.gif

I have the speaker grills and they are very nice. They don't look out of place and fit perfect.
jc914
I just finished installing my new sound system ( part of it) I am just waiting Morphenspectra Subwoofer Box and speaker grills Juames tole me they will be shipped on wed, biggrin.gif and the sub and grills James told me will fit with my A/C that ROCKS aktion035.gif I installed the new canles and the amp. it all worked with no problems.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Slick914
Nice install. Be sure to post pictures and let us know how it sounds when finished!

I'm doing something similiar, but going more towards a stealth install. Gonna be using Morph's 4x6 speakers using the factory grills and a Pioneer shallow sub in Morph's footwell enclosure. I got Sony's xm-4s amp because it's the smallest 4 channel amp on the market. It fits in the console behind the gauges. It's less power than yours(50x4 rms), but will be plenty for my speaker set-up. Only thing I'm waiting for is the sub box.
jc914
Will keep you posted Slick914, when your done with your please post some picks. I Still have to go get some black wire loom to make it look a bit nicer.
THANKS
Rod
Nice work! I covered my Morph pods in vinyl and they now really match the interior perfectly..

I put my amps in the rear trunk, not the front trunk - to keep power wires (0 Gauge) as short as possible.
jc914
I just want to say THANKS TO Morphenspectra for the Subwoofer Box and speaker grills. It all fitted very nicely. The subwoofer box is incredible and the bass i get out of the little 8inch amazed me. GREAT products.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.