Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do 16x7 Fuchs fit a stock 1975?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jesiv
I am trying to find a set of 5 lug wheels for my car. I have done a poll and everything to see what sizes people are running on their car, but I really need to know…

Do 16x7 Fuchs fit a stock 1975 without modification? And if so what is the recommended tire size?

I have found sources for 16x7. I also saw a project car at camp914 that stated it had 16x7 all around. Please let me know if you are doing this or know that it works.

I want to get started on my 5 lug conversion sawzall-smiley.gif

As always, thanks for all the help!

Regards,

James
SirAndy
QUOTE(jesiv @ Oct 16 2008, 07:58 PM) *

Do 16x7 Fuchs fit a stock 1975 without modification?

Depends on the offset and your fenders. Not all 914s were created equal. I'm pretty sure any 7" wheel will need some rolling of at least the fender lip, maybe more ...

shades.gif Andy
jesiv
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 16 2008, 09:07 PM) *

Depends on the offset and your fenders. Not all 914s were created equal. I'm pretty sure any 7" wheel will need some rolling of at least the fender lip, maybe more ...

shades.gif Andy

Thanks Andy,

Does anyone have pics of what they did or did not have to do?

Regards,

James
SirAndy
QUOTE(jesiv @ Oct 16 2008, 08:09 PM) *

Does anyone have pics of what they did not have to do?

biggrin.gif

jesiv
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 16 2008, 09:14 PM) *

Does anyone have pics of what they did not have to do?

biggrin.gif

av-943.gif av-943.gif

Well if you say it that way...

Ok so let me try again. If you have 16x7 on your car all around without mods let me know. If you have 16x7 all around and had to make "minor" modes let me know and pics would be nice.

How is that Andy? Remember you can always help a brother

Regards,

james
number6
QUOTE(jesiv @ Oct 16 2008, 08:58 PM) *

I am trying to find a set of 5 lug wheels for my car. I have done a poll and everything to see what sizes people are running on their car, but I really need to know…

Do 16x7 Fuchs fit a stock 1975 without modification? And if so what is the recommended tire size?

I have found sources for 16x7. I also saw a project car at camp914 that stated it had 16x7 all around. Please let me know if you are doing this or know that it works.

I want to get started on my 5 lug conversion sawzall-smiley.gif

As always, thanks for all the help!

Regards,

James

James, as Andy mentioned, offset is important. I'm running 205/50 tires on my 16x7s (all the way around), part #911.361.020.44, and I really like the fit. No flaring the fenders out or even rolling the lips. There's actually plenty of clearance, so I'm sure even 215s will fit. Photo below. BTW, my car is a '75 also, with back-dated bumpers.

If it's the blue car at Camp that you're referring to, yes, it is also running 16x7s all the way around, but different offset (sorry, I don't know the part #). The rear fender is pulled out a little, and the lip is rolled as well, to fit 215/55s. As you can see from that car, the offset is different, so the rear sits differently.

-duc
orange914
QUOTE(jesiv @ Oct 16 2008, 09:09 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 16 2008, 09:07 PM) *

shades.gif Andy

Thanks Andy,

Regards,

James

take a wood bat, jack the rear up, slip the bat in lower the car and roll the 914 back and forth. this will gently roll the lip up and do it smoothly too.

i did it before paint but i was impressed with how easy it was on the body/paint. i would think it over if your worried about your present paint

i know they aren't 16x7 but am running 15x5.5 w/ westerns, 205x60x15, not sure of the offset. i have zero clearance issues.. lowered traveling thru up/down, side to side movement and lock to lock turning.

mike
computers4kids
Just put a set of 16x7 on the rear and a set of 16x6 on the front with 205/45 BF Goodrich sport z rated tires from Costco. 75 year. The front would take 7s easily, but the set I purchased was as stated above. Passenger side no problems. Driver side required the lip to be folded...fun thing, it was already done for me. PO must had wide tires one time or another.
IPB Image
orange914
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Oct 16 2008, 09:59 PM) *

IPB Image

i like that exhaust fit smilie_pokal.gif is that a late monza exaust (did they make some monza's higher up for later model short valances) with an early valance thats been cut out duals??

mike
ahdoman
Do a search under my screen name (ahdoman). I did an entire thread about stretching the rear fenders to be able to fit 16 x 7's. DO NOT USE A BASEBALL BAT UNLESS YOU'RE OK WITH RIPPLED FENDERS!
computers4kids
QUOTE(orange914 @ Oct 16 2008, 10:11 PM) *

QUOTE(computers4kids @ Oct 16 2008, 09:59 PM) *

i like that exhaust fit smilie_pokal.gif is that a late monza exaust (did they make some monza's higher up for later model short valances) with an early valance thats been cut out duals??

mike

Hi Mike.
This is my v-8 project...those are dual pipes off my turbo mufflers. The valance is off a 71 and I opened the hole a little bit. It did come from my friends car which had dual monza exhaust on his 4 banger.
orange914
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Oct 16 2008, 10:13 PM) *

Do a search under my screen name (ahdoman). I did an entire thread about stretching the rear fenders to be able to fit 16 x 7's. DO NOT USE A BASEBALL BAT UNLESS YOU'RE OK WITH RIPPLED FENDERS!

maybe i got lucky but these came out straight
Click to view attachment
JRust
I have 16x7s all around with 204/45's. The drivers side needed the lip rolled. My rear sits a little low & the camber is in a little at the top also. I need to change out my rear shocks & springs with the adjustable perch ones I have on the shelf. I think 7's will fit but I would plan on at least trimming the inner lip. I like using a 80 grit sandpaper on a wheel. Rather than rolling the lip just take off a good 1/4 inch biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
General asnwer is no in the back, easy in the front.

Regarding the rears; you may simply want to get some leather gloves and put your hands at the 11:00 and 1:00 positions and pull (top of the wheel arch). You'll be suprised if you take a tape measure and perform a before and after. I was able to get almost 1" without any visable signs of modification.

You'll also be suprised at the before measurements on both sides. As Jamie mentions, one side will be different from the other.
jesiv
As always, thanks for all the info. My deal fell through! From posting this thread till now they were sold! Iguess next time I don’t have to ask the question… I can just pull the trigger.

Duc -- Thanks for the pics, part numbers (#911.361.020.44) and tire size (205/50).

Regards,

James
number6
QUOTE(jesiv @ Oct 17 2008, 09:54 PM) *

Duc -- Thanks for the pics, part numbers (#911.361.020.44) and tire size (205/50).

Regards,

James

my pleasure, james. it's a good combo that i think you'll really like.

cheers,
-duc
chris914
QUOTE(orange914 @ Oct 16 2008, 10:44 PM) *

QUOTE(ahdoman @ Oct 16 2008, 10:13 PM) *

maybe i got lucky but these came out straight
Click to view attachment

Who makes those rims? Did they bolt right on?
Gint
Well if you say it that way...

Ok so let me try again. If you have 16x7 on your car all around without mods let me know. If you have 16x7 all around and had to make "minor" modes let me know and pics would be nice.

How is that Andy? Remember you can always help a brother

Regards,

james

Custom offset on these 15x7 but some reading might help you. There is good info I collected in this thread. Not sure why I bothered...

Superlite wheel thread
r_towle
Question on stock porsche wheels.
Do the part numbers give any dimensions (when buying online)

So, when buying online I will know the diameter..got that
If Porsche wheels I will know the bolt pattern...got that.

But, backspacing and offset...is this buried in the part number or is there a standard set of numbers to look for on the wheel to determine what the backspacing or offset numbers are???

Rich
LarryR
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 18 2008, 08:32 AM) *

But, backspacing and offset...is this buried in the part number or is there a standard set of numbers to look for on the wheel to determine what the backspacing or offset numbers are???

Rich

I found a pretty handy chart but it is not all inclusive.
http://members.rennlist.com/911pcars/WheelWts.html
chris914
QUOTE(LarryR @ Oct 18 2008, 09:04 AM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 18 2008, 08:32 AM) *

Rich

I found a pretty handy chart but it is not all inclusive.
http://members.rennlist.com/911pcars/WheelWts.html

Is anyone brave enough to create a chart like that for the 914. I'm not. LOL
pete-stevers
i run 16x7s with 225s all the way around.....
the front no problem
the back fenders have been pulled rolled to get the 225s to fit
now there is not even room to put your pinky between the tire and fender lip
i have 180 springs so they only rub very slightly on hard dips in the road
chris914
I found these links on our local PCA forum:
http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp
http://www.jegs.com/i/Percy's/760/01201/10002/-1
jesiv
Hey Chris,

That jegs tool is totally awesome!

Regards,

James
carreraguy
Thanks Andy,

Regards,

James

Hi James:
I have 7x16 951 Fuchs on 225/50's on the rear with 6x16's in 205/55 front; below are some pics. The rears required some stretching, not sure if 7's would fit in front without some mods. There are some more pics on my blog below.
Later,

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
shadygrady
My wife's silver car has 16X7 Boxters with 205/60R16's all around. No fender rolling but the rears are tight. My gold car had Boxter 16X7 with 225/50R16's on the rear and the fenders had to be rolled.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.