Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: de anodizing wheels with easyoff
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
i sprayed easy off on a set of fuches, and i am wondering how long do i need to leave the easy off spay on the rims before the anodizing comes off
or should i use something else
r_towle
yellow can with lye.
20 minutes, 3-5 times depending upon how thick it is.
Use Borax afterwards to stop the aluminum from turning black.

Rich
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Oct 17 2008, 03:27 PM) *

i sprayed easy off on a set of fuches, and i am wondering how long do i need to leave the easy off spay on the rims before the anodizing comes off

The horror! The horror!
Eric_Shea
Stever... just take them to a local anodizing shop.
pete-stevers
i think i am done...
they have a nice flat look
i am going to polish the lips myself
paint the centers chrome yellow, with many many coats of clear
and save my moo-la biggrin.gif
pete-stevers
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Oct 17 2008, 05:01 PM) *

The horror! The horror!

Pat...really it is ok!! i think a few of us should chip in for some therapy , just for you..... biggrin.gif
JRust
I want to prep my mahle wheels to paint for my creamsicle. What steps do I take?
IronHillRestorations
Pleeeeeze don't paint them! Polish, OK, but paint? Please nooooooo!
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Oct 17 2008, 07:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Oct 17 2008, 05:01 PM) *

The horror! The horror!

Pat...really it is ok!! i think a few of us should chip in for some therapy , just for you..... biggrin.gif

OK, I'll be happy to provide my mailing address for checks. I can arrange for credit/debit cards too. Gold coins appreciated. I'll pay shipping on gold/platinum bars. Silver OK for cheapskates!

Won't you guys please help me? Please send all conrtibutions to the Pat Garvey Anti-Easy Off Fund. You can also contribute to the Pat Garvey Anti-Powder Coat Fund. Note that these are not tax-deductible contributions. av-943.gif
Cevan
QUOTE(9146986 @ Oct 18 2008, 07:55 PM) *

It's not easy to polish the Mahles. I tried. I don't think they are forged like the Fuchs.
pete-stevers
I will paint the centers...it makes such a nice accent for the car, like red car on yellow centers....an polished lips a full polish looks a little to bling-ish for my liking
QUOTE(9146986 @ Oct 18 2008, 04:55 PM) *

SLITS
Mahles & Pedrinis are pressure cast and somewhat porous (rough surface).

Fuchs are forged and not as porous (smooth surface).
scottb
watching with interest as my fuchs are in need of some bling... thinking of black centers given the white o' the car....

keep the info, pics and details coming!

736conver
QUOTE(9146986 @ Oct 18 2008, 06:55 PM) *

Pleeeeeze say that your referring to the Fuchs and not the Mahles. Creamsicles rims need to be painted
brant
Dad and I have stripped,polished, and repainted 20 wheels now:
biggy72
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 19 2008, 11:28 AM) *

Mahles & Pedrinis are pressure cast and somewhat porous (rough surface).

Fuchs are forged and not as porous (smooth surface).

Al Reed can work wonders... I need to clean them up some now, but this was about 5 years ago. The pic of them on the car is just a week or two ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.