Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear GT stiffening kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Richard Casto
I am looking for information about and source for the rear GT stiffening kit. Auto Atlanta has a 10 piece kit (5 each side) for $185. Patrick Motorsports has an 8 piece kit (4 each side) for $158. PM looks similar too, but not identical to AA kit.

I know the factory kit is not perfect and don’t want this to turn into a general thread about what is wrong (or not wrong) with the factory kit. My car is going to have a full interior cage but it will not tie to front rear suspension and I would like to get some of the benefits of the stiffening kit, but at the same time have a “factory” look. That is why I am looking for a factory style kit vs. one of the many other newer stiffening solutions (Engman, etc.)

Questions…

• How many pieces were in the factory kit?
• How close is the AA and PM kits to factory?
• How thick was the factory kit (AA lists no thickness online. PM lists 16g)
• Which commercially available kits match the factory pieces?
• Who else (if anyone) other than AA and PM offers a kit?
• I am not opposed to sourcing my own metal and cutting my own parts. Does anyone sell paper templates for the factory parts?

Thanks,

Richard
Eric_Shea
There's no magic in these...

Most kits are factory copies so most match up to a "T"

Get in touch with Dave here:

maddog

He'll make it so it's simply not worth your while to source/cut/etc.

Check eBay from time to time as well... you'll find sub $100 kits there often.
r_towle
Engman may also sell this precut kit.

Rich
rfuerst911sc
Rich Johnson is where I purchased mine.
Richard Casto
Thanks for the info everyone. It looks like I am going to be sourcing a kit from Rich Johnson.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.