Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting -6 on e-bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chris H.
Check this out- a somewhat tired looking but complete running -6 that appears to be a euro model. I e-mailed him for the VIN to be sure it's real. $3500 is not bad to start, although you never know what the rust report will say...White 914-6
krk
It seems to have a monza-type muffler.....

kim.
Gint
Looks like it's got plenty of rust too...
echocanyons
seller says the vin is 9140403676
Brad Roberts
I think it is worthy of restoration. If I had money/space/time...

B
eresener
I have emailed the owner for an appointment to see the car....I'm a hour away...
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(eresener @ Feb 9 2004, 04:13 AM)
I have emailed the owner for an appointment to see the car....I'm a hour away...

cool. can you verify the VIN ? the one posted above: 9140403676 can't be right ...

thanks !

(i've been stalking a specific white Euro /6 for a while ...)
eresener
I also emailed them for the VIN...got it this AM...may have transposed 2 digits...but if I get to go look...I'll give full report...rust also. Anyone else in the St Louis area want to join me? The more eyes.... the better. I believe these people are used car dealers...month ago they were advertising a 924...and I inquired about it...I think I got a reply from the same email address...we shall see...

Will let all know...
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(eresener @ Feb 9 2004, 05:04 AM)
I also emailed them for the VIN...got it this AM...may have transposed 2 digits...

if it turns out to be 9140430676 it'd make sense ...

with the exception of that one '72, all the Euro /6's i've seen have been very early cars - < 0750.

that listing, BTW, shows what we used to call the "snowplow" air dam. haven't seen them for a while - i still have one...
eresener
Rich,
I will take digitals of the car...anyone have any area they especially want to see?...besides the obvious ones???
Ed
Joe Bob
Hey Rich....why haven't you written all 50 states DMV's to see if that VIN is regsitered anywhere?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(mikez @ Feb 9 2004, 05:33 AM)
Hey Rich....why haven't you written all 50 states DMV's to see if that VIN is regsitered anywhere?

couple of reasons...

first, CA sends me NonOp certificates every year, so i know it's still on their computers. anyone trying to go through normal channels will be having to deal with that (which is why i suspect it's off the books if it still exists anywhere).

most important - if it turned up now, i'd have to deal with it. i don't have the time or money to deal with what i suspect would be legal issues dealing with whoever (if anyone) currently has possession. i'd have to pay to get it here, and once here, i'd have to put it somewhere. i'm already paying $300/mo to store two dead Porsches, and there is not really room in the facility for yet another.

if i come across it, i will deal with it. i'm not in a position to deal with an active search, or the consequences of finding it. my life has a plan and a direction now (as it didn't for too many years...). in a couple-three years, i will be in a better position to address this issue. not now tho.
rhodyguy
we'll have to wait and see where the proxy bids go in 6 days and 4 hours. for west coast guys the irish green car jim chambers has/had is a more attractive car.

kevin
RON S.
Hey eresener,
A couple things to check for in identifying if it's a Euro car.I got one,it's #841
1.It won't have any door jam sticker,they didn't come w/any.
2.It have a serial#on the windshield post either.
3.The rear 914/6 emblem is correct on the rear.Look and see if the rear wasn't re-drilled for it.
4.Make sure there are bulbs in the lower turn signal assy's.
5.Metric speedo
6.Euro's didn't have side marker lights.Look behind the front wheels to make sure they don'thave any holes bondo'd up.
7.Look under the engine lid at all the foil information decals.They should all be written in German,no English.
8.If he's got a battery,pull the headlight switch to parking lights.The lights should pop up and parking lights come on.
Just a thought.
Ron
Gint
ph34r.gif

I got some additional pics from the seller. Check out the link and view all of the pics with a prefix of http://users.frii.com/mikeginter/ek_1.jpg through ek_8.jpg

http://users.frii.com/mikeginter/
ArtechnikA
okay - it's got the right tach, ignition on left, and a hand throttle - looks like a /6. there must be some reason there are no engine or rear-view pictures. i couldn't get much else out of those photographs... basketweave seat upholstery - hmm - mine had corduroy; couldda been an option i s'pose ...
Gint
It's got some serious rust.
eresener
Ron,...TIA for the tips...will take a list with me...

Gint...my pics will be much better...and I did look at all of his...

Rich...will describe as best as possible

should get answer re appointment sometime today...will let you all know...

ED
eresener
I forgot to add...this is the response to my inquiry re the VIN number...
HI THE VIN IS 9140403676
AIMS001

What is the AIMS001?
Ed
Gint
Looking forward to hearing your report and seeing some decent pics Ed. Thanks.
Gint
AIMs001 is the seller's ebay ID.
eresener
GInt,
I hope that this isn't indicitative of my observations...I must really be blind...but the camera never blinks....
Ed
Porsche Rescue
Shameless promotion: Kevin is right. The six I have is about as ugly but far less rusty. It is for sale. Also have a pretty nice driver six that is going on the block soon. Yes, I did it, bought an old 911. Still have my 914-4 though so I can stay on this board and have something to drive to West Coast Classic.
Chris H.
It's up over $5 large. I wonder if anyone else has looked at it in person. Can't wait to hear what the story is.
eresener
Well...here is my report on this car...owner did not return my email for appointment...and the car was sold prior to end of auction...wonder why he didn't want anyone to see it...the purchaser had no feedback...hope he was able to see what he got...
Ed
Chris H.
Now that just plain sucks.
Porsche Rescue
Bump for rdauenhauer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.