Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '75 2.0 Charcoal Canister location?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
I'm putting my car back together after 2 1/2 years restoration. (A morph of a '73 with some '75 parts) I can't seem to find a picture of the Canister location for the '75???? I'm using the '75 fuel tank but I think the canister goes under the engine hood somewhere.
Anyone?
Tx
Doug
gasman
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Oct 18 2008, 05:51 PM) *

I'm putting my car back together after 2 1/2 years restoration. (A morph of a '73 with some '75 parts) I can't seem to find a picture of the Canister location for the '75???? I'm using the '75 fuel tank but I think the canister goes under the engine hood somewhere.
Anyone?
Tx
Doug

My 76's canister location is in the engine bay. It has a bracket that attaches it to the battery hold down bolt..... beer.gif
zonedoubt
Here's where it is on my 1.8L. Maybe it's similar for the 2.0L.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=88984#
bdstone914
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Oct 18 2008, 04:51 PM) *

Anyone?
Tx
Doug

Doug
I have a 75 parts car and it is mounted under the hood on the drivers side of the gas tank. I may be able to show how it mounts but I just pulled the tank.
Bruce
tod914
The metal strap/bracket attaches where the bolt goes in to hold the battery clamp on the battery tray.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=57169
tracks914
Now I think this one was attached to the battery tray. I'll look for the bracket or make a new one. Thanks guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.