Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1974 2.0 Alaska Blue Metallic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
kconway
1974 2.0 Alaska Blue Metallic - $6500 OBO in Long Beach, CA.
Engine and Transaxle are presently out of the vehicle as I was planning to have the car completely repainted. Buyer will have to tow vehlicle. I just don't have the time or inclination to follow thru and would like to get my garage back in order. Car ran fine before I pulled the engine but dropped a little oil.

Body
What little rust may have been present has been addressed with new metal by Milt Becker. Hell hole patched and new battery tray and support. Engine decklid brackets replaced and clutch tube reinforced. Also had side marker lights shaved. Longs are solid and show no signs of any rust. Body just needs small door dings addressed and its ready for respray.

Drivetrain
While engine was removed I resealed it and had the heads rebuilt. Cracks in 3 of 4 plug holes were welded by European Motor Works in Hawthorne Calif. Transaxle was opened and resealed by Art Zapf. Engine sheet metal and large components have been powdercoated. Original injection. New speedo angle drive.

Loads of new or rebuilt parts still in boxes, never installed including:

1. Complete kit for 5 lug changeover, including 4 15x6 flat Fuchs refinished by Al Reed w/zero mile Kumho Excta tires 195-60-15. 911 front struts/hubs with 3" M calipers rebuilt by Eric and new rotors. Koni Red adjustables up front and new lemforder turbo tierods and balljoints. Newly rebuilt original -4 rear calipers, new rotors and bearings along with Shea hubs. New Bilstein rear shocks and 140lb springs. Original swaybar front and rear.
2. Many new seals including targa seal ($300 one), doors, engine compartment, rear decklid, turn signal buckets.
3. NOS MPS, tested as well with vacuum gauge. Injectors refreshed by Witchunter. New fuel and vacuum lines. Many new injection parts.
4. Jwest shifter and new bushings.
5. Crackless dash top and front targa pad, nice rear targa pad.
6. NOS OEM Euro lenses front and back with nice buckets.
7. Clean set of SSI & Triad muffler
8. New Bowlsby fuel injection and alternator harnesses.
9. Lots of spare stuff, doors, targa top, and I'm sure loads of other stuff I've left
off.

Some photos can be seen here, many pre bodywork and rust repair: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevdog/
Let me know if there is something in particular you would like to see.
Not interested in parting out any of the parts listed so please don't ask. Also incuding 4 jackstands, jack and engine stand.

PM or Email for phone number if you want to talk about it.

Kev
Ask Art to pick off your hands.. Last I spoke with him.. think he wanted to get a few laps in at Willow -like them old days.

Good luck with your sale.. oh yes he rebuilt my 901 too. When I down shifted from 4th to 1st going into turn 6 at Riverside years ago.
kconway
QUOTE(396 @ Oct 20 2008, 08:41 PM) *

Ask Art to pick off your hands.. Last I spoke with him.. think he wanted to get a few laps in at Willow -like them old days.

Good luck with your sale.. oh yes he rebuilt my 901 too. When I down shifted from 4th to 1st going into turn 6 at Riverside years ago.

He told me he was looking to get back in about a year ago with a partner but it didn't work out. I see him at work occaisonaly, but my car has two cylinders to few for him to be interested. biggrin.gif
QUOTE(kconway @ Oct 20 2008, 09:50 PM) *

QUOTE(396 @ Oct 20 2008, 08:41 PM) *

He told me he was looking to get back in about a year ago with a partner but it didn't work out. I see him at work occaisonaly, but my car has two cylinders to few for him to be interested. biggrin.gif

Tell him to call me some time:)
kconway
Random photos of stuff...Hell hole repaired and sealed up with POR-15, new battery tray .
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Longs are extremely solid
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Loads of powdercoated parts including engine tin and fan housing.
Click to view attachment
kconway
Wheels and SSI's. Wheels are semi-polished including caps and lugs done by Al Reed. Also have a 5th Fuch that is not refinished for the spare. Also have 5 2.0 liter alloys in good shape presently on the car (at least 4 of them are on the car laugh.gif ) SSI's are excellent and also have Triad muffler.
Kev
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
bcheney

Sorry to see that you won't finish the car. I recognize those beautiful SSI's! Best of luck with the sale.

kconway
icon_bump.gif
So, what are you getting for $6500? smilie_pokal.gif
Prices listed below are meant to show where I'm coming from in pricing the car, I am not parting out any of the items listed.
Near zero rust chassis w/2.0 fuel injected - ($4000)
Five lug package Fuchs, tires, brakes, rotors new pads - ($1800)
Lemforder turbo tie rods and balljoints - ($350)
Newly chromed early bumper and two other chrome bumpers - ($600)
Near new SSI's and Triad exhaust - ($800)
Loads of new rubber w/targa seal - ($500)
New euro lenses - ($300)
Jwest shifter - ($300)
NOS -043 MPS - ($500)
New harnesses - ($300)
Nice crack free dash, unistalled - ($300)
Not to mention all the spares and such.
I think these figures are reasonable, maybe more/less depending on what part of the country your in. Paint it and put it back together and I think you easily have a >$10K specimen. biggrin.gif
kconway
icon_bump.gif
It's got to go soon, so I'm totally open to ALL REASONABLE OFFERS. Otherwise I guess I'll send it to Ebay next week.

These are photos before I started pulling the car apart and getting the bodywork done, front markers are shaved now.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Shaved side markers
Click to view attachment
Nice dashpad no cracks
Click to view attachment
Kev
kconway
Engine shots on the engine stand, put it back in as is or build a 2056?
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Dual tip Triad in the rafters, right next to the ultra clean no dent front valance.
Click to view attachment
Tranny on the stand, all sealed up with all new seals and a new speedo angle drive, includes a gallon of Sweepco.
Click to view attachment
kconway
Here's a little gem...NOS speedo. I know I got stuff I'm completely forgetting. beer.gif
Click to view attachment
kconway
icon_bump.gif
kconway
I purchased many new FI parts just because I didn't want to deal with difficult to troubleshoot issues with the FI. To name a few:
- NOS -043 MPS
- NOS TPS
- New cylinder head sensor
- New cold start valve
- New thermal time switch
- New fuel pressure regulator
- New Bowlsby FI harness
- Newly renewed injectors by Witch Hunter
Click to view attachment
kconway
beerchug.gif icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.