Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AC compressor removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mambodave
To remove the AC compressor, does the engine need to come out?
carr914
I've done it with the engine in, but it was a long time ago.

T.C.
southernmost914
No problem with the engine in. Remove cover,remove hoses, remove the 4 compressor to bracket bolts, cut the A/C belt or loosen altenator, remove altenator belt,remove fan and A/C belt.
Steve
naro914
dave,
what difference does it make? you planned to take the engine out anyway... we can do it in an hour or so. Would be a good idea anyway to check it all out. It's MUCH easier than my 6.

I know, I know, you want to get started on it. I've got Papa Smurf on the lift now but should be off later this week. Got to get it ready for the race next weekend....

mambodave
QUOTE(naro914 @ Oct 21 2008, 12:16 PM) *

dave,
what difference does it make? you planned to take the engine out anyway... we can do it in an hour or so. Would be a good idea anyway to check it all out. It's MUCH easier than my 6.

I know, I know, you want to get started on it. I've got Papa Smurf on the lift now but should be off later this week. Got to get it ready for the race next weekend....

Oh no hurry Bob! I have someone waiting for the AC system so I thought I may try and get it out before we drop the engine.
naro914
ah, ok.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.